Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transiting in TLV from RJ to US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat

I'm thinking of transiting from a Royal Jordanian flight to a USAir flight next week. Can anyone offer any insight to the process?

1. When I've arrived TLV in the past, I see the signs for transiting passengers. Will this work for RJ to US? Are they in the same terminal?

2. Do I have to get my bags then recheck them? The flights will be on separate tickets.

3. Do I need to go through the Israeli security process again if I'm transiting. Does the answer change if I have to claim my bag and recheck?

4. What is the minimum amount of time that people would recommend for such a connection?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Unless you are Israeli, I wouldn't recommend doing this. Not worth the hassle.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:16 am

You have 2 seperate tickets, therefore you are technically not a passenger in transfer.

Having said that, the only airline who use the transit hall (currently) is EL AL Israeli airlines. Therefore, the transit hall is mostly closed, and is open only when EL AL asks the airport to (for specific flights).
Just for the sake of information, in this transit hall you pickup your bag and go through the Israeli security process and re-checkin your bag (but this all happens in the transit hall).

Anyway, in your case - you would have to land, go through incoming passport control, pick up baggage, go out the arrival halls and take the elevator to the 3rd floor - departures hall, and start the whole process from scratch. This means, you have to land in TLV no less than 4 hours before you re-takeoff in TLV.

As for the TLV terminals, all international flights except EasyJet and Jet2 are from terminal 3. EasyJet and Jet2, as well as all domestic flights, are from terminal 1.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by NYTA
Unless you are Israeli, I wouldn't recommend doing this. Not worth the hassle.
I agre, just don't do it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.