Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - Al Rigga / Deira City / Union Station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL

I'm looking at staying in Dubai for three nights at one of the above areas. I'd like to be near the Metro station so I can get about (don't want to drive or have to reply on cabs).

Although I'll use the Metro to get around, which area would you recommend?

Can't seem to decide. Diera has been recommended to me but it looks a little quiet - especially in terms of hotels although there are options. Al Rigga and the union station area look alot busier. I'd like Dubai to be on my doorstep!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
You have many options. One way to be in the middle of Dubai would be to stay by the Burj Khilifa / Dubai Mall (which is also the name of the Metro Stop). The Dubai Marina area is more on the edge of Dubai but has many hotels and restaurants. Diera is quieter, and I have not stayed near Al Rigga or Union.

Although I love the Metro and use it a lot (I make 4-5 trips to Dubai a year), don't exclude the occasional taxi. I think they are among the best in the world for Western tourists, e.g., drivers speak English and know where they are going, fares are cheap and the meter is always used (so no protracted negotiations), and the cabs are everywhere.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:28 pm

Thumbs up Fairmont Dubai?

Originally Posted by phunc
I'd like to be near the Metro station so I can get about (don't want to drive or have to reply on cabs).
Consider the Fairmont Dubai, which is a short walk (via bridge) to the Metro. I found it to be a beautiful property and a very good value. It's location is halfway between the Creek and the Burj Khalifa, which I appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.