BAH Transit questions.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
BAH Transit questions.

I land at 8am and leave 7hrs later. Was wondering the following

1. Is there sleeping rooms in the GF Business lounge? Can we prebook them? If none is there a place in the lounge we can sleep in?

2. Any foot massage place in the airport? 2hrs foot massage will pass the time nicely.

3. Is the lounge quiet or busy in the early hours?

4. Is it worth venturing out? Our luggage will be checked through so anywhere we can go for 2-3hrs?

5. In relation to above question I would love to see the city. Would anyone have any tour company recommendations who could take us around for 3-4hrs?

6. If not going out how is the airport to spend 7hrs in?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Hi

Thanks for the PM but I'm not really sure about any of your questions! There is a transit hotel where you can get a room by the hour, but not sure about the lounge. I would suggest ringing Gulf Air and asking, including about the tour as they could arrange something for you.

The airport is small but the duty free shopping and GF lounges are good, but it's not a place I would choose to spend 7 hours!

Be warned that Bahrain is going through a troubled period politics-wise, and whilst you won't be concerned for safety or anything like that they seem to be adopting very stringent (and completely unnecessary) checks on who is allowed into the country. For example a friend of a friend was denied entry because she had been born in Tehran despite holding a New Zealand passport and put straight back on the plane to London. If you do want to do a tour, I would recommend getting a visa in advance (not at the airport) via the Bahrain Embassay in Lonodon (Google it).

Enjoy your trip, it is a nice country with lovely people.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Hi

Thanks for the PM but I'm not really sure about any of your questions! There is a transit hotel where you can get a room by the hour, but not sure about the lounge. I would suggest ringing Gulf Air and asking, including about the tour as they could arrange something for you.

The airport is small but the duty free shopping and GF lounges are good, but it's not a place I would choose to spend 7 hours!

Be warned that Bahrain is going through a troubled period politics-wise, and whilst you won't be concerned for safety or anything like that they seem to be adopting very stringent (and completely unnecessary) checks on who is allowed into the country. For example a friend of a friend was denied entry because she had been born in Tehran despite holding a New Zealand passport and put straight back on the plane to London. If you do want to do a tour, I would recommend getting a visa in advance (not at the airport) via the Bahrain Embassay in Lonodon (Google it).

Enjoy your trip, it is a nice country with lovely people.
Thank you
Old May 11, 2013, 5:19 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
BAH Transit questions.

Has the situation in Bahrain any better I am naming a trip after two weeks and was hoping to get the visa on arrival
Old May 12, 2013, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
1. Is there sleeping rooms in the GF Business lounge? Can we prebook them? If none is there a place in the lounge we can sleep in? I seem to remember a quiet room with flat/deeply reclining chairs

2. Any foot massage place in the airport? 2hrs foot massage will pass the time nicely. I have not seen any

3. Is the lounge quiet or busy in the early hours? I doubt it will be that busy during the time you will be there

4. Is it worth venturing out? Our luggage will be checked through so anywhere we can go for 2-3hrs? If you were going to be there for lunch or dinner I would have recommended a restaurant, Kontiki at the Diplomat, but due to immigration "issues" I would just stay in the airport if I were you - I fear that the days when I could pop into BAH for lunch in-transit are gone

5. In relation to above question I would love to see the city. Would anyone have any tour company recommendations who could take us around for 3-4hrs? There is not that much to see - perhaps Arad fort and/or the ruins of the ancient settlement might be the ticket

6. If not going out how is the airport to spend 7hrs in? The lounge is quite decent
For pictures of the GF lounge, see my trip report.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
For pictures of the GF lounge, see my trip report.
Spent 12 hrs there a couple of months ago. 6 outbound and 6 return. Lounge is good but without access the airport is the most boring I have been through.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:20 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
BAH Transit questions.

I just applied for a Evisa let's see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.