Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

INTL to INTL Connection in CAI on seperatel tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INTL to INTL Connection in CAI on seperatel tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A405 Safari/8536.25)

I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I have a BMI issue ticket JFK-CAI-IST with a one day stopover in CAI. Given recent events, I was considering skipping our stop in CAI. Since the ticket was issued through BMI, I can't change it.

Given the situation - I was considering buying a seperate ticket CAI-AUH-IST with a brief stop in AUH. Plan would be to land in CAI and immediately find my way to the next flight without leaving the airport

A) Is an international to international connection without clearing customs in CAI possible?
B) If so, how arduous will the connection be?
C) In either case, will one or us having an Israeli stamp on our passport cause an issue?

This trip is in just a couple of weeks so your help is much appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If you are nervous about the demonstrations and associated violence, remember that all this is currently very location focussed, when it happens. Basically Tahrir square in central Cairo is the hot-spot, and now the president's palace in Heliopolis.

You could overnight comfortably in the airport hotel, if you judge it unsafe to travel any further.

Israeli stamp is a non-issue.

Making the connection you suggest seems an overly-dramatic alternative: and probably an expensive one! But if it's the one you go for, connection within the "new" T3 is a breeze. Hoswever, it's a terminal for MS and its STAR partners. If you need to change terminals it gets much more messy.

Originally Posted by troyb
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A405 Safari/8536.25)

I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I have a BMI issue ticket JFK-CAI-IST with a one day stopover in CAI. Given recent events, I was considering skipping our stop in CAI. Since the ticket was issued through BMI, I can't change it.

Given the situation - I was considering buying a seperate ticket CAI-AUH-IST with a brief stop in AUH. Plan would be to land in CAI and immediately find my way to the next flight without leaving the airport

A) Is an international to international connection without clearing customs in CAI possible?
B) If so, how arduous will the connection be?
C) In either case, will one or us having an Israeli stamp on our passport cause an issue?

This trip is in just a couple of weeks so your help is much appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Thanks for the feedback. I am leaning towards keeping everything as is and trying to get out to the pyramids for a few hours.

You're right, switching terminals will be a dramatic pain in the neck that I don't want to deal with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.