Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What is best way to Jerusalem to Cairo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I will be spending ten days in Cairo, Egypt. Following that, I would like to spend a few days in and around Jerusalem, Israel. This is my first trip to either of these cities. Given distances, politics, boarder controls, etc., what is the best way to get from Cairo to Jerusalem? Fly? (Is Royal Jordanian my only option?) Take a bus(es)? Hire a car? Thanks for advice.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
RJ is not your only option. Just doing a search on Expedia or the like will come up with a bunch of options.

If you're only interested in Cairo (and not Sinai) and for Israel, Jerusalem, and not Eilat, then flying makes the most sense. A car service would be expensive and VERY LONG! Politics doesn't play into it as Egypt and Israel have diplomatic relations and border crossings. But I'd stick to flying.

Congrats on posting on FT for the first time, a year and a half after joining!!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll follow up!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Air Sinai used to fly between CAI and TLV. Originally, it was an independent carrier, however, it later became a 'paper-airline' owned by EgyptAir.

Google shows EgyptAir flight 54 operating on this route four times weekly.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by TWA884
Air Sinai used to fly between CAI and TLV. Originally, it was an independent carrier, however, it later became a 'paper-airline' owned by EgyptAir.

Google shows EgyptAir flight 54 operating on this route four times weekly.
My bad...I had thought that Air Sinai flew to ETH, or from Sharm el Sheikh, or something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.