Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Transit Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
It appears the OP has received some good responses to the original question re: UAE visas. That said, I am moving this thread to the Middle East forum in the interest of housekeeping.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Air Arabia is actually a pretty decent carrier IME. I have flown them 3-4 times this past year and they haven't been any later than 50 minutes. Not bad, but keep in mind I have taken the sharjah-dmm flight which is just about an hour tops itself. Thus just something I am cognizant of when booking them, not having to make a tight connection in DXB.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:39 am

Programs: DL,EK
I have used Air Arabia form SHJ to KWI, BAH, DOH, SAH, and will likely be using them next month for KRT and COK. Every flight has been great with them, as well as on time. In my experience they are one of the better airlines I use. And the prayer at the beginning of each flight is a nice touch.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by DesertNomad
I have used Air Arabia form SHJ to KWI, BAH, DOH, SAH, and will likely be using them next month for KRT and COK. Every flight has been great with them, as well as on time. In my experience they are one of the better airlines I use. And the prayer at the beginning of each flight is a nice touch.
Thank you!

A couple of questions --

a. Does Air Arabia have "open seating" or specific seat selection ( "open" as, for example, Southwest in the USA, or Air Asia -- unless you select their advance seat-specific purchase option).

b. What's your experience with check-in and boarding in SHJ? Long or short lines? Order or chaos? Midnight at SHJ -- a tolerable experience, or exhausting? What's the terminal like?

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Yeah -- I see your point about IC. Since my trip to Dubai and Goa is still a ways off, I started a log, writing down the arrival/departure times of the now
4x weekly IC flights that operate BLR-GOA-DXB vv.

Hasn't been on time at DXB yet, though most days it's 45 - 60 minutes late, not three hours. We'll see how it goes. Even an hour late or so on IC is better at the Goa end than QR arriving at 0335 or Air Arabia arriving at 0515..........unless, of course, IC cancels entirely.
Oh yea the three hours was a long long time ago. It's not all that bad anymore - last I flew was SIN-BKK-DEL-DXB (don't ask why i was crazy enough to do that), and all the sectors were delayed by 60 - 90 minutes. If the timing is better, and you're flying during off peak season, it might actually not be all that bad. There's just a lot of uncertainty because it could end up being a terrible experience, which is why most people would rather not fly the airline at all.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:54 am

Several people on the tripadvisor boards have used south travels for Visa processing, still not cheap though.

http://www.southtravels.com/middleeast/uae/visa.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.