Search

Lancaster PA to EWR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Lancaster PA to EWR?

Question -
1. Car service from Lancaster to Newark airport, how much? Any recommendation?
2. Long term parking (1 month) in EWR, safe and cheap option?

I know they can take trains, but these are for 2 seniors, and they'll be flying international. So, esp on inbound leg, it may be too exhausting to get the train (or drive) after they land in the middle of the night. Is there bus option?

Thx.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
My suggestion would be to do a park and fly. I'm sure they can find some sort of car service, but would probably pay quite a bit for it.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 4:50 pm

I go to school in Lancaster so i should be able to help with this one.

I know your not eager to use it but I really think the train is the best option. The Amtrak station in Lancaster is nice and easy to navigate. The Keystone train stops at EWR. From there they can take the free AirTrain to their terminal. The train station at EWR is only accesable from inside the airport and is extreamly safe. There are a bunch of people with red jackets that stand around the AirTrain station to tell people where to go. My only reservation about the train is baggage. Lancaster has a redcap (singular not plural) I don't think they have any rafications if they guy is out sick, day off or w/e. However people in Lancasater are very nice and I am sure someone would be happy to help. the real problem is at EWR. After you arrive at the EWR rail station you need to go up an esclator and walk a short distance to the AirTrain. Once again someone will probably volunteer to help but its a little less reliable since there is a lot more going on at EWR. If your bags have wheels and you can handle them on your own you'll be fine.

I take the Keystone a lot is it is almoast always ontime or within 10-15 minutes. The train is also comfortable.

Driving from Lanc to EWR is going to be a lot harder than than taking the train with parking, traffic, tolls ect. The only car/taxi service i know of in Lancaster is Friendly Transportation and they are horrable. I would never trust them to get me to/from EWR at any price.

Capitol Trailways is the only scheduled intra-city bus company that operates in Lancaster, PA (as far as i know) They do not go to EWR. You would have to switch to a greyhound bus to get to Newark and they a local bus to the airport. So I would rule this option out. Also an Amtrak train is 10x more comfortable than a bus.

If you have any more questions please let me know you can post them here or PM me. I am a Junior and travel a lot so I should be able to answer just about any question you have about getting places from Lancaster.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
I go to school in Lancaster so i should be able to help with this one.

I know your not eager to use it but I really think the train is the best option. The Amtrak station in Lancaster is nice and easy to navigate. The Keystone train stops at EWR.
Most Keystone departures from Lancaster do not stop at EWR. Getting to EWR generally requires a connecting train in Philadelphia. Alternatively, you could skip the connection and just ride the Keystone to Newark's downtown train station, then cab it to the airport. It's a short and relatively inexpensive cab ride, and it eliminates having to figure out the Airtrain system.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Most Keystone departures from Lancaster do not stop at EWR. Getting to EWR generally requires a connecting train in Philadelphia. Alternatively, you could skip the connection and just ride the Keystone to Newark's downtown train station, then cab it to the airport. It's a short and relatively inexpensive cab ride, and it eliminates having to figure out the Airtrain system.
I wasn't even thinking about that, but your right. You would have to switch trains. Well for the OP's purpose they would probably be best off taking your idea and taking a cab from the Newark train station. For a reference for others there is also a city bus that runs the route.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:56 pm

Lancaster to Airport

http://www.landisenterprises.com/limo/
I have used Landis Limo (5-6 miles north of downtown Lancaster) to go to Phila Pa airport and it was worth it. It was a private car (Lincoln Continental) and they went from my front door to the terminal and when I returned they were waiting with a sign with my name on it for the return home.
Total cost about $175 (1.5 hr drive).

Newark is about the same time although a bit further, but I am sure they can give you a quote. I am probably going to use them for our family (6 people) when we fly in the Spring 2008 to go international.
See the above link for their phone #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.