Wiki Posts
Search

BWI car rental facility gas station

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K, Marriott PP
BWI car rental facility gas station

It's been at least a year since I used the BWI car rental facility; I was a regular user when it first opened a couple of years ago. A convenient gas station near the car rental returns was always missing- has that changed recently?
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:23 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by mimitche
It's been at least a year since I used the BWI car rental facility; I was a regular user when it first opened a couple of years ago. A convenient gas station near the car rental returns was always missing- has that changed recently?
not sure about that.. but I generally fill it up on rt 1. within 5-10 miles of the
airport.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Yes - there is a big gas station next to the airport - north side. You need to take route 170 North from I-195 as you head towards the airport. You go in the direction of the Long Term parking lots. The gas station is on the right before you get to the Long Term Lots (A & B). You can see the runways from the Gas Station. The shippers enter from the airport gate behind the gas station.

There is a light at the gas station so you can make the turn back. The rental cars are on the south side of I-195 - down route 170. Distances are not that long.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Take a look at this Google map They are some gas stations in the "Shipley Corner" area. The Rental Car place is located in that rectangle of roads just south of the words "Stony Run", west of BWI

Also, there is a Texaco on West Nursery Road off of the BW Parkway (Hwy 295), in the "hotel district". Zoom back out from this map to see where West Nursery is in the bigger scheme of things.

Last edited by jmd001; Dec 15, 2006 at 3:49 pm
Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
There are also several options near Arundel Mills Mall which is a straight shot from the rental facility. I guess it really depends from where you will be coming.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by cova
Yes - there is a big gas station next to the airport - north side. You need to take route 170 North from I-195 as you head towards the airport. You go in the direction of the Long Term parking lots. The gas station is on the right before you get to the Long Term Lots (A & B). You can see the runways from the Gas Station. The shippers enter from the airport gate behind the gas station.

There is a light at the gas station so you can make the turn back. The rental cars are on the south side of I-195 - down route 170. Distances are not that long.
Just a follow-up on this- Thanks to all for the suggestions. I found that the gas station quoted above ended up working best- I was coming via the BW Parkway from DC.

Also, the Google Map indicates that there is a gas station on the corner of 170 and Amtrak Way- This would be perfect since you drive right past that on the way to the rental facility after exiting 195... but let me assure you there is no gas station there at all; just a parking lot. I believe this is actually the gas station quoted above (taking 170 N instead of S) but Google Maps is just displaying it in the wrong place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.