Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Late night Copa Airlines flight @ IAD, TSA hours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2023, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Question
if my Copa airline flight from Dulles iad doesn’t leave until 1:46 am will TSA still be open late for me to go through Secruity checkpoint 2-3 hours prior?
Old May 20, 2023, 3:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welecome to FT!, Samanthao
Originally Posted by Samanthao
Question
if my Copa airline flight from Dulles iad doesn’t leave until 1:46 am will TSA still be open late for me to go through Secruity checkpoint 2-3 hours prior?
Hours for TSA IAD
What time does the security checkpoint open?Hours of operation vary depending on the checkpoint locations, listed below:
  • East Security Checkpoint - 4:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
  • West Security Checkpoint - 3:45 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
  • TSA Pre✓™ - 4:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
  • During overnight periods, when the East and West Security Checkpoints are closed, customers should use screening lanes next to TSA Pre✓™, located on the Departures Level - Ticketing/Check-In, mid-way between the East and West Security Checkpoint entrances.
However, else where you find, slightly different
TSA Pre✓™ is located between the East and West Security Checkpoints.

Hours of Operation
Please note: Security Screening Available 24 Hours/Day, 7 Days/Week. After-hours screening lanes located next to TSA Pre™ are open after 10:30 p.m.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the information!!!
Old Aug 27, 2023, 10:01 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

What about lounges for business class passengers? Does any of their *A lounges stay open late for this Copa flight. NBD since the terminal will be completely empty and the 150 or so passengers will have the entire terminal to ourselves but just curious. Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by golfingboy
What about lounges for business class passengers? Does any of their *A lounges stay open late for this Copa flight. NBD since the terminal will be completely empty and the 150 or so passengers will have the entire terminal to ourselves but just curious. Thanks!
Was there a lounge open late for business passengers? I’m taking this CM late flight next week. Thank you!
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by flyldavid
Was there a lounge open late for business passengers? I’m taking this CM late flight next week. Thank you!
Unfortunately there isn't one. Also be sure to eat a decent meal before heading to the airport as none of the restaurants were open either and CM serves breakfast (decent one!) prior to landing instead of dinner right after departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.