Search

Does DCA have tsa pre?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Does DCA have tsa pre?

The dca website mentions about tsa pre while not saying that their security includes tsa pre. We are flying AS in the south security checkpoint. I just want to make sure they have tsa pre.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
We know someone has a phone that can post to FlyerTalk and can do proper searches.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/map

David
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, DCA does have TSA Pre at the checkpoints. DCA is also one airport where TSA Pre lines were so insanely slow/long at times that it has been a tipping point for signing up for CLEAR despite the distaste for the idea of CLEAR.

Use this for insight into the "official" schedule for the checkpoints with TSA Pre at various airports:

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/schedule
gaobest likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I think even the smallest airports have Pre Check albeit you go through the same line but not the nude of scan. But these smaller airports have generally quick Security. Some airports (DCA, MIA D, ATL) Pre Check lines can be very long.
gaobest likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

ETA: I just saw DELee also posted the link... something about great minds I guess Anyway screenshot below confirming that AS participates in PreCheck at DCA:

-J.
gaobest likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Apr 21, 2023 at 1:20 pm
Old Apr 24, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Well indeed in South security, the tsa pre looks longer of a queue than regular tsa. Of course once past id check it’s a fast security experience without removing shoes etc.

I love dca and my local peoples are more casual about timing there. For our 5:15p (4:40 boarding start time?) we arrived around 3:30-3:35p for baggage checkin and at gate by 4:10p - “delays” due to the walking rather than tsa queue.

my spouse returned rental and arrived to gate around 4:20 although possibly used North security - that’s not fully clear. My spouse also thinks that there was zero check of id / bp (for tsa pre).

Last edited by gaobest; Apr 24, 2023 at 9:03 am
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by DELee
We know someone has a phone that can post to FlyerTalk and can do proper searches.
David
Sometimes you can't trust sources that should be the most reliable.
According to that website, Elite Airways is the only airline that offers TSA Pre at Asheville (AVL). Not only does Elite not fly to AVL anymore, there are several other airlines that do offer TSA Pre there.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by gaobest
My spouse also thinks that there was zero check of id / bp (for tsa pre).
You need an acceptable government-issued ID (I always use my Global Entry card) but no longer need to show a BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.