Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 4:22 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Toronto Blue Jays in Buffalo, NY from 6/1/21

Part of the NYS Covid report for 5/12/21 notes:
5. For the first time in 105 years, fans can watch Major League Baseball in Buffalo. On June 1, the Toronto Blue Jays will play opening day at Sahlen Field (their temporary home) with a fully vaccinated fan section. Approximately 50 percent of the stadium's available seating will be used for fully vaccinated fans (who will be seated normally), with the remainder of seats designated for unvaccinated fans (who will be socially distanced). This model will allow 2,000 additional fans to enjoy games in Buffalo. Sahlen Field will also serve as a free vaccination site for anyone going to the game who wants to get the vaccine.
Even though I'm fully vaccinated, if I were to attend one of the games in Buffalo, I'd rather sit in an area with lots of space around me (non-vac) than bunched together with vac people--so I wouldn't show my CDC Vac Card.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
The stadium is identical to Camden yards in baltimore. It was built by the same designers. They just left off the third deck because it woukd be a AAA stadium. If buffalo had gotten an expansion team the third deck would have bern added.

there is a subway that takes you to the baseball field starting from University at Buffalo Main Street campus which has a bunch of parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.