Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber/Lyft Safety

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Uber/Lyft Safety

I'll be arriving at BWI and traveling to a hotel near the harbor in Baltimore. Is Uber or Lyft okay for a woman traveling by myself? The other option is Super Shuttle but it has a lot of bad reviews for not getting places on time. I think I've watched one too many Dateline shows....
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by lj1652
I'll be arriving at BWI and traveling to a hotel near the harbor in Baltimore. Is Uber or Lyft okay for a woman traveling by myself? The other option is Super Shuttle but it has a lot of bad reviews for not getting places on time. I think I've watched one too many Dateline shows....
Uber/Lyft is generally fine. Just check the license plate and make/model of the vehicle.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:24 am

Note that depending on time of day and your willingness to walk a few blocks, you can also just take the MTA Light Rail directly from the BWI terminal to the Inner Harbor.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Originally Posted by kipper
Uber/Lyft is generally fine. Just check the license plate and make/model of the vehicle.
This
And if you are still nervous, ask the driver for the name of the passenger they are picking up.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by AMflier
This
And if you are still nervous, ask the driver for the name of the passenger they are picking up.
On my last few Uber experiences, when I got into the car, after confirming make/model and plate, the driver confirmed my name. I think drivers want to confirm they are picking up the correct passenger as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.