Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bus broke down

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Bus broke down

Getting from Rawlings Virginia to Durham?
Any suggestion on getting there today?
Ki's megabus broke down and replacement may take 5 hours. No uber cars available. Any other bus line possible?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:54 pm

Nothing that will be faster than waiting five hours. Greyhound stops 30 miles south of there in South Hill, but the next bus won't be until around 1:30 p.m. tomorrow--and that's assuming she had a way to get to South Hill. Amtrak stops 30 miles north of there in Petersburg, but the next train to Durham--the Carolinian--is also tomorrow afternoon. (The Silver Star, which would get her to Raleigh, will come through Petersburg in a couple hours, but again, I have no idea how you'd get from South Hill to Petersburg.)
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What is the closest Entgerprise? Might they come out and pick you up? Might someone at Enterprise do this for a picture of the appropriate former President?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice. All is well. Closer replacement bus was located so the wait was only two hours.
Interesting suggestion about Enterprise pick up- looks like nearest location was about 20 miles out, so maybe for the right incentive it was possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.