Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get to IAD from Downtown DC Tuesday morning

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm staying in Arlington, and I have a 7:30pm flight out of IAD next Saturday. My only planned activity that day (besides flying) is visiting the Udvar-Hazy Center.

Can I take the Dulles Access Road to IAD then to Udvar-Hazy? Is it easy?

How much time should I allocate for the museum? I probably get through museums slightly quicker than the average person; and I will especially browse quickly through the military aircraft areas except the SR-71. My plan is to return my rental car and be through security (have CLEAR and PreCheck) by 4:45pm for some lounge time prior to my flight.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you have anything larger than standard carry on and it is not something you want to leave in your vehicle, best to swing by IAD and check the bag before you head to the museum. There are lockers large enough for most standard carry-ons.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Often1
If you have anything larger than standard carry on and it is not something you want to leave in your vehicle, best to swing by IAD and check the bag before you head to the museum. There are lockers large enough for most standard carry-ons.
I'll have a carry-on and laptop messenger bag. They'll stay in the rental car's trunk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.