Wiki Posts
Search

Booked flights out of Washington?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Booked flights out of Washington?

I booked flights out of Washington via Delta but did not really pay attention and it is actually from Washington Baltimore. (I was under the impression it was from Dullus). My own mistake and not really a problem but is it easy to get to Baltimore Airport with Public transport?

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Aug 28, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I don't where you'll be coming from, but the MARC train runs from Washington Union Station directly to a stop at BWI airport. Then there's a shuttle every six minutes from the train station to the airport terminals.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GfL
You can get to BWI via the MARC train, which runs all the way from Washington's Union Station on MARC's Penn Line, or between Baltimore Penn Station and BWI on the BWI Line. MARC trains from Washington are designed for commuters and don't run very frequently outside peak commuting times, so check the weekday and weekend schedules to make sure this is a viable option for you. You can also get from Washington Union Station to Baltimore Penn Station via Amtrak--these will be more expensive, but also more available at off-peak times. There is also an express bus service, B30, to BWI from Washington's Greenbelt Metro station--check WMATA's website for schedules.

Last edited by travelmad478; Aug 28, 2017 at 5:22 pm
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

In my opinion BWI is vastly easier to get to via transit than IAD, so I'd count yourself lucky and not beat yourself up over your "mistake."
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
When did you book the flights? If yesterday or today, they're still eligible for risk-free cancellation, for what it's worth.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Zorak
When did you book the flights? If yesterday or today, they're still eligible for risk-free cancellation, for what it's worth.
Delta bucket E fare so no cancellation. Thanks for the tip!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Delta bucket E fare so no cancellation. Thanks for the tip!
I was referring to the 24-hour risk-free cancellation, which E fares are eligible for also. But by now it's probably too late
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
you will want to check this webpage for mass transit option to/from BWI:

https://www.bwiairport.com/to-from-b...tation/transit
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Note that, due to a recent change, the Metrobus B30 from Greenbelt now runs only hourly and only on weekdays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.