Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Sports bar with NFL Sunday Ticket near Dulles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres

I'm going to have a long Sunday layover at IAD and would like to meet a friend from DC to watch NFL football on a Sunday in September. I am happy to leave the airport but would prefer to be relatively nearby (Reston, Herndon, etc.). Ideally, we'd find a place that he could get to on metro or metro+uber easily.

Are there any bars with Sunday ticket that people recommend? Great options are not apparent from yelp.

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:40 pm

Buffalo Wild Wings?

Address: Dulles 28 Centre, 21980 Colorado Drive, Dulles, VA 20166
Phone: (703) 444-3048
Menu: buffalowildwings.com
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
Buffalo Wild Wings?

Address: Dulles 28 Centre, 21980 Colorado Drive, Dulles, VA 20166
Phone: (703) 444-3048
Menu: buffalowildwings.com
Thanks. I saw that but it looks like an absolute mess to get to Dulles Town Center via Metro. I was hoping to find something in Reston or Herndon.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by NgatesSEA
Thanks. I saw that but it looks like an absolute mess to get to Dulles Town Center via Metro. I was hoping to find something in Reston or Herndon.
Yes, sorry. After posting, I realized that your friend is coming out from DC. It's going to be a hike for him no matter what, esp. on a weekend w/ likely Metro Track work. Just about any trip from DC is going to be a multi-step process.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
In Herndon, very close to the airport but a drive from the Metro, I've watched NFL games at Ned Devine's. Tons of TVs, all the games, decent bar food.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
Yes, sorry. After posting, I realized that your friend is coming out from DC. It's going to be a hike for him no matter what, esp. on a weekend w/ likely Metro Track work. Just about any trip from DC is going to be a multi-step process.
No apology needed and appreciate that info - I used to live in DC and am aware of all the work they are currently doing ... sounds like quite the mess these days.

Originally Posted by swag
In Herndon, very close to the airport but a drive from the Metro, I've watched NFL games at Ned Devine's. Tons of TVs, all the games, decent bar food.
Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
There is not much immediately next to the Wiehle metro stop but a very short uber/taxi ride away is:
- Reston Town Center with lots of nice restaurants with TVs;
- Bar Louie across the street from the Worldgate shopping center
- Worldgate Shopping Center which has a Fridays and maybe some of the smaller places in there will be showing games
- most of the hotels around there would have the games on in their bar and probably let you use their shuttle to/from the airport
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Section 107
There is not much immediately next to the Wiehle metro stop but a very short uber/taxi ride away is:
- Reston Town Center with lots of nice restaurants with TVs;
- Bar Louie across the street from the Worldgate shopping center
- Worldgate Shopping Center which has a Fridays and maybe some of the smaller places in there will be showing games
- most of the hotels around there would have the games on in their bar and probably let you use their shuttle to/from the airport
Awesome, thanks so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.