Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection time PHL

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Connection time PHL

Arriving flight (AA) at 5:09 pm from YYZ. Connecting flight with AA to ZRH at 6:20 pm. It shows as a connecting flight on the AA website. From the airport website I understand that we would arrive in Terminal A and have to go to Terminal F. Is this enough time? Thanks
Old May 5, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
All the concourses are connected airside and you'll be pre-cleared in YYZ so you just need to walk to the next gate. Plenty of time.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks a lot. I didn't have that info. Much appreciated.
Old May 5, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Budapest
Arriving flight (AA) at 5:09 pm from YYZ. Connecting flight with AA to ZRH at 6:20 pm. It shows as a connecting flight on the AA website. From the airport website I understand that we would arrive in Terminal A and have to go to Terminal F. Is this enough time? Thanks
There is no way your flight to ZRH (Zurich) would be leaving from terminal F. That is the terminal for short-haul express flights. It will be departing from terminal A. All international flights depart from A-West.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
There is no way your flight to ZRH (Zurich) would be leaving from terminal F. That is the terminal for short-haul express flights. It will be departing from terminal A. All international flights depart from A-West.
Probably the reverse, that's all. YYZ might arrive into F. ZRH would depart out of A.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
To add to this I'm flying MAN-PHL-YYZ in a few weeks, a presume arriving into A as intl and departing f.

My connection is 1:45, a UK passport holder but with GE.

Is it gonna be an easy connection or running?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL
My guess would be running, if you do not have Global Entry and have checked bags.

Depending on what time your MAN-PHL flight arrives, you may likely find yourself in a long and slow line for immigration. PHL baggage delivery is snail-like, after which you will find yourself in a line to get out of the hall and past the customs inspectors who collect the blue customs forms as passengers shuffle by. Then you have a line to re-check your bag with your onward carrier, then you have to go through security again, and only then do you get to run to the inter-terminal bus to F (where you will have to wait for the bus, which then takes about 10-15 minutes to load, drive, and unload).

In other words, move smartly and don't hit the bathrooms until you get to terminal F!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478
My guess would be running, if you do not have Global Entry and have checked bags.

Depending on what time your MAN-PHL flight arrives, you may likely find yourself in a long and slow line for immigration. PHL baggage delivery is snail-like, after which you will find yourself in a line to get out of the hall and past the customs inspectors who collect the blue customs forms as passengers shuffle by. Then you have a line to re-check your bag with your onward carrier, then you have to go through security again, and only then do you get to run to the inter-terminal bus to F (where you will have to wait for the bus, which then takes about 10-15 minutes to load, drive, and unload).

In other words, move smartly and don't hit the bathrooms until you get to terminal F!
Thanks but should be able to skip the customs que with the GE though hopefully saving me some minutes
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GfL
If you still have to wait for checked bags, that doesn't help much, unfortunately. You'll just get through immigration quicker only to be standing in the baggage claim area for longer. If you can do hand baggage only, that will save you quite a bit of time.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:15 am

If you still have to wait for checked bags, that doesn't help much, unfortunately. You'll just get through immigration quicker only to be standing in the baggage claim area for longer. If you can do hand baggage only, that will save you quite a bit of time.
Urgh that's a shame I'm away for a while so no HBO for me... looks like I'll have to get running again!

Thank for your comments guys and gals
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:52 am

Just to finish this off... yeah I had to wait for the luggage and then straight through, I even get a chance for some time in the AC before the next flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.