Wiki Posts
Search

run a 5K on the grounds of IAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold

Thought this might be of interest to the running-minded flyertalkers...

http://prracing.racebx.com/events/re...0-4aa3c0a86524

Runners are often looking for a fast, flat course, right?? Well this is your opportunity for the flattest, fastest course in the area. A portion of the Dulles Airport Runway will be closed off for runners to experience a flat, fast course and a unique look at the airport grounds, something you do not get to do every day! Run past planes and along the actual landing strip on this certified looped course.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
This is very cool. Wish I could be there.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP

I think we might have to make this a family event with the hubs and son! Although usually I avoid Dulles!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I did the LaGuardia Runway Run last year (and it is scheduled again for Oct 6 this year). I would do the IAD run but it takes place on Yom Kippur, the highest holy day of the year in the Jewish religion so I will be busy atoning for my sins...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meducate
I did the LaGuardia Runway Run last year (and it is scheduled again for Oct 6 this year). I would do the IAD run but it takes place on Yom Kippur, the highest holy day of the year in the Jewish religion so I will be busy atoning for my sins...
But if you ran a 5k on Yom Kippur, you'd REALLY have stuff to atone for!

And dude, I had no idea they did this. If they do LGA again, I might actually be around NYC in October and try to do it. I will DEFINITELY do the ORD run.

And although not marathons as indicated in the title, here are several more runway races (although some are now past).
http://www.jaunted.com/story/2013/5/...irport+Runways
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld

Very cool idea. Thanks for the post.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:17 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Washington, D.C. regional forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the Washington, D.C. regional forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
They should have a 777 follow the runners on the runway as an incentive to push harder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.