Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Interview @ IAD - Lots of new dates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Global Entry Interview @ IAD - Lots of new dates

Looks like CBP is adding personnel for Global Entry interviews at Dulles starting in December. Every working day in December, and beyond, now has lots of availability for scheduling interviews.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:16 pm

I just logged in to schedule my interview the next available date is March 2013!!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

CBP added another staffer to do interviews starting at the beginning of November. When I started this thread, appointments were immediately available. Now, all the appointment times are filled again for the next 3+ months.

If you are eager for an earlier interview at Dulles, they do handle "walk-ins" without an appointment. No guarantee that they will get to you, but evenings from 5-7pm seem to be the best times to try it.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold; Hilton Silver; Priority Plat; Marriott Silver
thanks Annandaler. very helpful to know about walk ins.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by marzomarz
thanks Annandaler. very helpful to know about walk ins.
I was there last Saturday for a (scheduled) interview. There is now a sign stating that until further notice they do NOT accept walk ins.

The officer interviewing me told me that the number of people interviewed had gone up to around 80 per day. I was called in about half an hour after my appointment and the officers all seemed rather stressed out because of the large number of people they had to deal with.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cygnus
I was there last Saturday for a (scheduled) interview. There is now a sign stating that until further notice they do NOT accept walk ins.

The officer interviewing me told me that the number of people interviewed had gone up to around 80 per day. I was called in about half an hour after my appointment and the officers all seemed rather stressed out because of the large number of people they had to deal with.
I was about to make the same update... We were there for our scheduled interviews about 6pm on 12/3. Sign on the door is clear about NOT accepting walk-ins anymore - and PLEASE - Don't Knock on the Door to Ask!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold; Hilton Silver; Priority Plat; Marriott Silver
I did my interview today around 4PM. I didn't notice the note on the door, but I think you could probably still try. There were only a two other people there at the same time. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. If they would have been willing, they could have definitely squeezed a few walk-ins in during the same time. A few days ago I spoke with someone at the TSA Pre sign-up area upstairs and they did mention they weren't taking walk-ins anymore. But after my quick experience today, I think I would have considered trying to walk-in.

Agents/officers definitely didn't seem happy to be doing the whole interview thing though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.