Wiki Posts
Search

EWR monorail from Hertz to P4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp

Apologies if the answer to my question is elsewhere ... I'd appreciate the link.

Otherwise, hope is simple question. Tomorrow will be my first time at EWR. I have early afternoon work, then back to airport Fairfield Inn, for flight out on UA Tuesday morning. Would take Fairfield shuttle to terminal on Tuesday.

So, I thought about returning car to Hertz on Monday afternoon/early evening after work, and taking monorail/AirTrain. Hotel said their shuttle is at stop P4.

My biggest hassle is I have 2 carry-on bags and a loaded (read: heavy) 27" TravelPro checked bag. All rolls well, just, you know, the hassle of schlepping it all about.

How easy is the monorail to navigate? Get on/off? I'm thinking it is free to get from Hertz (P3) to P4? I have seen their brochure, and it seems like it should be simple enough? Other thoughts?

Much appreciated,
Doris
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P; AA Gold; Marriott Platinum

Depending on how you define simple. Put it in perspective: I've dragged two big check in luggage from airport terminal stations of the monorail to P4 by taking the monorail. There are escalators and elevators everywhere you need to go up and down. So I think you should be able to manage!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.