Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DCA: Airside Connections between B & C?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by marlin
Has anyone done this recently? I'd like to go to the Tap Room in C (Priority Pass) and then my American gate is in B.
Do I have to do security or bus?
You can do the bus.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:41 am

My flight leaves tomorrow but in term. B/C, want to go to Tap Room in term. C then back to B/C. I assume the shuttle bus is still a viable option even though you are not connecting? Do they check boarding pass or check for anything?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Thought I saw a sign stating that Tap Room is no longer accepting Priority Pass. Either that or one of the Amex benefits.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:46 am

Can I take the C -> B/C shuttle even if I'm not flying AA? Next week I'm taking JetBlue, but want to hit up one of the PP restaurants before I board.

And I assume there's no way to transfer airside B -> B/C? I prefer Bracket Room to American Tap...
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by wulflov
Can I take the C -> B/C shuttle even if I'm not flying AA? Next week I'm taking JetBlue, but want to hit up one of the PP restaurants before I board.

And I assume there's no way to transfer airside B -> B/C? I prefer Bracket Room to American Tap...
No airside transfer between B and B/C. I have never tried the AA shuttle so dont know if they check BPs...but if they do restrict to only AA then it's about a 5 minute walk.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:33 pm

If you have PreCheck, changing landside isn't too bad. Actually, lines usually aren't terrible without PreCheck either.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I have never seen a BP check, although a lot of people show theirs to make sure that they really are headed to the right place.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, CBP Global Entry, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by wulflov
Can I take the C -> B/C shuttle even if I'm not flying AA? Next week I'm taking JetBlue, but want to hit up one of the PP restaurants before I board..
Never an issue, I have done it many times to pick up dinner after arrival. There is no ID check.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:55 pm

DCA Terminal B/C signage

As easy as DCA is for flight arrivals and leaving the airport quickly, it is extremely confusing to depart from, as the signage shows a Terminal B, Terminal B/C, and then another Terminal C. If you're looking for the Tap Room Restaurant in Terminal B, you can only enter through Terminal B - not Terminal B/C. And the bus goes from Terminal C to Terminal B/C, but not to terminal B. It's signed this way to line up with two zones of ticket counters - Zone B and Zone C, but it's enormously confusing. I wish they'd name each terminal separately - B, C, and D, with the new terminal named E when it's complete.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:57 pm

yup. when I have asked during meetings why not simply change the signage to something normal the response is that it is a WAY complicated issue and stoopidly expensive - but it WILL be corrected after all the construction and the opening of new terminal.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:47 pm

I have a flight from A but want to use priority pass credit at B, I imagine I wont get any trouble going into B even if my flight is from A?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Nathan Drake
I have a flight from A but want to use priority pass credit at B, I imagine I wont get any trouble going into B even if my flight is from A?
Correct, no trouble at all. BUT, security is done for each pier (still, I believe - this is being rectified by the new construction) so you will go through the checkpoint for B then exit B and go through the checkpoint for A. But its a short walk and crowds are so light that it wont take any time at all.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Section 107
Correct, no trouble at all. BUT, security is done for each pier (still, I believe - this is being rectified by the new construction) so you will go through the checkpoint for B then exit B and go through the checkpoint for A. But its a short walk and crowds are so light that it wont take any time at all.
TSA might be helpful and point out you're in the wrong place, but not an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.