DC area hotel during Easter weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I wonder what is the best hotel (taking account quality and expense) that fits the following criteria:

1) we will be 5 of us - 4 adults, and my 14 yr old daughter
2) we prefer a hotel that ofers hot self-serve breakfast (eg Embassy Suites)
3) we plan to travel via subway - we do not plan to rent a car - so we do not mind if (for example) we stay at a hotel near Bethesda, if we have convenient subway access
4) we will likely use one of the 2 DC area airports - either IAD or DCA.

Are there any promos out there, for DC (and surrounding area) hotels?

Right now, the Embassy Suites near the National Airport which is going for just under $100 per night, seems to be the best bet - we would of course need to book 2 rooms.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Feb 1, 2010 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I wonder what is the best hotel (taking account quality and expense) that fits the following criteria:

1) we will be 5 of us - 4 adults, and my 14 yr old daughter
2) we prefer a hotel that ofers hot self-serve breakfast (eg Embassy Suites)
3) we plan to travel via subway - we do not plan to rent a car - so we do not mind if (for example) we stay at a hotel near Bethesda, if we have convenient subway access
4) we will likely use one of the 2 DC area airports - either IAD or DCA.

Are there any promos out there, for DC (and surrounding area) hotels?

Right now, the Embassy Suites near the National Airport which is going for just under $100 per night, seems to be the best bet - we would of course need to book 2 rooms.
If you really want to spend time in DC proper (and not so much in the suburbs), I'd highly recommend staying in the city if you can afford it, as it will be a much better experience overall. If you provide some idea of what you want to do or see and more or less what your budget is I could give you more pointed recommendations.

FWIW, hotels in DC run promos all the time, it's just a matter of looking out for them. I once nabbed two rooms for the price of one at the Sofitel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.