Wiki Posts
Search

"Slow" time in Cozumel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/CRC, MarriottGold
"Slow" time in Cozumel?

We are big fans of Cozumel, but always seem to visit during peak season. Is there a time of the year that you all would suggest that would be best to visit? We would like less crowds and great weather.

Also, if you were to schedule a trip between now and June, when would you go and why?

Thanks for your advice
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by AAPlatRN
We are big fans of Cozumel, but always seem to visit during peak season. Is there a time of the year that you all would suggest that would be best to visit? We would like less crowds and great weather.

Also, if you were to schedule a trip between now and June, when would you go and why?

Thanks for your advice
Cozumel is a lot busier now then it used to be with all of the cruise ship traffic it has. The busy time is generally from Christmas until April. There have times that i have been there in September through early December where the town almost seems deserted (hurricane season).

I would go between May and June simply because it would be less crowded and warmer. I have never been there in the winter because generally the temperatures are cooler and the water (for diving) can be rougher. Of course any weather can happen at any time but I think that advice is good as a general rule.

Keba
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/CRC, MarriottGold
Originally Posted by KebaNYC
Cozumel is a lot busier now then it used to be with all of the cruise ship traffic it has. The busy time is generally from Christmas until April. There have times that i have been there in September through early December where the town almost seems deserted (hurricane season).

I would go between May and June simply because it would be less crowded and warmer. I have never been there in the winter because generally the temperatures are cooler and the water (for diving) can be rougher. Of course any weather can happen at any time but I think that advice is good as a general rule.

Keba
Thanks for the advice Keba. Appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.