Subway from airport in Mexico City?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Subway from airport in Mexico City?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: American, United, Mexicana, Continental
The challenge when using the Metro system in Mexico City is not just the crowds, but petty crime. Some of those crooks can strip you bare before you know it! And people aren't very considerate and it oftentimes takes a struggle just to get out of the rail cars.

Walking from Terminal 2 to the Pantitlan Metro stop is probably not an intelligent thing to do, particularly so at dusk or afterwards. Much of the crime in the city is due to the "opportunity" and an obvious tourist toting a suitcase or two the several blocks walk just invites trouble ... and the Pantitlan station isn't all that user friendly in these situations once you get there.

About comparisons with other cities: I think a good comparison as far as crowdedness is with Tokyo. Relatively few people use the Metro in Rio ... so that's not a good comparison. Moscow's system can be a bit stressful ... as far as numbers of people, also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.