Wiki Posts
Search

Guadalajara Highlights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Guadalajara Highlights

Will be in Guadalajara for a few days visiting a friend. Any recommendations for places to eat and places to see? thanks
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:30 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
There's a place on Avenida Corona a few blocks from Plaza de Las Armas called "La Chata" that's a basic, clean locals place. I went to GDL twice in Oct. and Nov. and there was always a line...that should tell you they're doing something right. My wife enjoyed it.

A lot of people (me included) go for the pozole which comes clear/white as opposed to my mother in law's red pozole.

Here's the link (watch the sound):

http://www.lachata.com.mx/propuesta_...x_frameset.php

There's another cafe across the street called "La Gorda" which is pretty popular too (the food's pretty good) but La Chata beats them.

I would take any gringo to either place.

Next time I'm down there I want to do the double decker buses.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
I like Tlaquepaque!

Lots of fun places to visit. A couple of walking streets without cars. Loads of beautiful shops. We loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.