Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Mexico?

The wife and I are thinking of taking a week or two off and traveling around Mexico. We want to have at least 2-3 days in the sun at the end and were thinking about going to PVR and then driving down to Oaxaca. Anybody have any good suggestions? We want to rough it a bit until the end. A good suggestion on a guide book would be appreciated as well.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'mg going to move this to the Mexico forum where you may get better responses. I'll leave a redirect in this forum.

Thanks!

bhatnasx
Budget Travel Moderator
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I'mg going to move this to the Mexico forum where you may get better responses. I'll leave a redirect in this forum.

Thanks!

bhatnasx
Budget Travel Moderator
oh duh, thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:45 am

Puerto Vallarta to Huatulco in the State of Oaxaca, using coastal highway 200, is 1481 kilometers of driving per the Mexican federal highway system website trip planner: http://www.capufe.gob.mx/ They estimate 18 hours of driving but frankly I think that's optimistic as this is not a fast highway for the most part.

While a rental car gives you flexibility, you might want to consider using Mexico's excellent intercity bus system. There are several reliable bus companies offering first class deluxe service at very reasonable rates.

The Lonely Planet series are my guidebooks of choice.

Also pick up a copy of "The People's Guide to Mexico" by Carl Franz.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:08 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by El Cochinito
There are several reliable bus companies offering first class deluxe service at very reasonable rates.
To add some color, the seats are like airline sleeper seats. I haven't done it yet but would like to some day.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 8:10 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Isn't there currently major unrest in Oaxaca or is it OK now? I feel like we are not getting too much news about what's going on in those parts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.