Wiki Posts
Search

3 Single Girls + Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Gold
3 Single Girls + Cabo

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I did do a search and didn't come up with anything. Myself and 2 of my girlfriends (we are late 20s) are planning a trip, most likely to Cabo, in October. None of us have been so we are looking for tips, must-dos and don't dos. We'd like to do something all-inclusive, so if anyone has any experience with any of those, that would be helpful. One place we are considering is the Royal Solaris All Inclusive Resort & Spa. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Let's see how long it takes for some male FTers to suggest that they be added to the sum of 3 single girls + Cabo.

You'll have a blast. It's not really Mexico (feels more like San Diego), but they do the sun, sand and sangria thing very well down there.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Let's see how long it takes for some male FTers to suggest that they be added to the sum of 3 single girls + Cabo.
35 Minutes. Will you be at SEA DOO this weekend?

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 8, 2005 at 11:54 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcrt
35 Minutes. Will you be at SEA DOO this weekend?

Nope, I will actually be out of town this weekend.

Wow, that didn't take long to get off topic.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SeattleAmber
One place we are considering is the Royal Solaris All Inclusive Resort & Spa. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Are you looking for nightlife or mostly staying around the resort and getting pool time?

Royal Solaris is in San Jose del Cabo, which is about 30 minutes from 'Cabo'. I would suggest staying in Cabo San Lucas. I have not stayed in San Jose, but my impression is that it is an older crowd with much less going on.

Cabo is pretty much Timeshare Central, so 10,000's have purchased timeshares down there. Most people don't actually want to use these every year so you can often rent very nice 1 or 2 bedroom suites for a good price.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:17 am

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
A whole bunch of us went down last year and stayed at the Bonita Rose (I'll double check that one). Only took us 5-10 min to walk/stumble in to town to go to the bars at night. Hotel wasn't all inclusive, but did have 2 pools, their own little roped off area on the beach and really yummy sunset margharitas. We were all in our early 20's and it was a fair mix of girl to boy ratio. FYI-don't go on a booze cruise. They stink.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Also look into both the Melia and the Starwood properties for possible deals (Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and Westin - both on the highway outside CSL, the Sheraton being slightly cheaper and closer if you do not have car and are factoring in cab costs). As for bars/clubs, like to start at Nowhere Bar or in marina area and end up at Squid Roe. Not a fan of Cabo Wabo, but only my opinion.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by tdo-ca
Also look into both the Melia and the Starwood properties for possible deals (Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and Westin - both on the highway outside CSL, the Sheraton being slightly cheaper and closer if you do not have car and are factoring in cab costs). As for bars/clubs, like to start at Nowhere Bar or in marina area and end up at Squid Roe. Not a fan of Cabo Wabo, but only my opinion.
I stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar years ago, and had dinner at the Westin. Both are very nice resorts, but I'm an old married guy with kids. If I were single and in my 20s, I'd favor one of the 5 min. walk/stumble options mentioned above (the resorts would require a cab).
Old Aug 9, 2005, 7:47 pm

Nope, I will actually be out of town this weekend.

Wow, that didn't take long to get off topic.
I figured dhuey made a downright good suggestion and I would have fun with it. Have a blast in Cabo, my only Mexico vacation was in PVR. I had a lot of fun and was glad that I was within stumbling distance of my hotel. The less I have to depend on cabs to get me home the happier I am.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcrt
I figured dhuey made a downright good suggestion and I would have fun with it. Have a blast in Cabo, my only Mexico vacation was in PVR. I had a lot of fun and was glad that I was within stumbling distance of my hotel. The less I have to depend on cabs to get me home the happier I am.
Now, how was PVR? It was suggested at one point but I thought it seemed to family-ish. Is that not the case?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
Let's see how long it takes for some male FTers to suggest that they be added to the sum of 3 single girls + Cabo...
Oh c'mon! Would you really be surprised since the word SINGLE was so blatantly advertised? This is undisguised and unabashed chumming

M8

Last edited by Martinis at 8; Aug 11, 2005 at 5:29 pm
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:28 am

Now, how was PVR? It was suggested at one point but I thought it seemed to family-ish. Is that not the case?
PVR has a lot of the same party type restaurants, Senor Frogs, Carlos O'Brians, Hard Rock Cafe. I think overall it is more family-ish since Cabo is know for pure party. For me PVR was a nice mix because I could do the party stuff if I wanted to or get away from it.

I ended up staying in a small place in the old part of town, the Zona Romantica. It was a block off the beach, but owned by a beach hotel so I had full access to that hotels facilities. I could probably walk to it again, but have no clue what it was called.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: KLM PE (I refuse to call it FB)
Transport

Try and get a shuttle bus package with your hotel. A cab, even split 3 weeks is very expensive. Make sure you do not lose your baggage ticket from the U.S. During busy times your luggage is offloaded from the carousel and placed on the floor. You have to produce your ticket to get your bag.

Cabo is for the younger crowd but there is a wide range of places with different levels of safety, security and sophistication.

The corridor between Cabl and San Jose has a range of properties many expensive but off season, some can be good value.

Yes, San Jose is for an older crowd but it has some hot spots. The best thing to do is more research. My wife and I (with Beagle) are relocating to Los Cabos next month, so any questions, just ask.

Oh, and have a ball......

Tom
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I go down all the time & prefer San Jose del Cabo---but that's because we are old farts who don't party much anymore. We jsut sit on the beach all day-go to dinner-have a bunch of cocktails & go t obed. San Jose is very expensive..food & drink-wise. for single girls in your 20's, Cabo San Lucas is definately the spot to be. I wouldn't recommend an all-inclusive as you will want to go to various hot spots for dinner & not be stuck eating at your hotel all the time. Maybe breakfast & some lunches at the hotel but definately in to town for dinner. And try to stay as close to town as possible. Avoid the corridor or you will spend $$$ on cabs...and for sure don't get a car if you plan on drinking.
Next time check our Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta---both more charming than Cabo I think....& just as much fun.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
So where can I get information on shuttles? We are staying at the RIU Palace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.