Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico City hotel location advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Mexico City best hotel?

Hello!
Please advise : St Regis vs Hyatt Regency in Mexico City.

My husband would like to stay at the Club Level at the Hyatt, but from what I have read on this forum, St Regis looks more appealing.
Thanks in advance,
Marinee
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:08 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by marinee24
Hello!
Please advise : St Regis vs Hyatt Regency in Mexico City.

My husband would like to stay at the Club Level at the Hyatt, but from what I have read on this forum, St Regis looks more appealing.
Thanks in advance,
Marinee
I've not stayed at the Hyatt Regency Mexico City, but I have stayed (March 2015) at the StR Mexico City. The StR is the city's best (and better than the FS), along with the Los Alcobas Luxury Collection boutique property.

I've never once stayed at any Hyatt Regency even close to as good as a StR. It's hard to imagine that being true here.

My TripAdvisor review:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ulf_Coast.html
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I'm in an Executive Suite at the SR in a few weekends. Found a pretty good deal at $400US/night. Will report back.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Love the Four Seasons. Love to have drinks in the courtyard after working or sightseeing all day as it feels like I'm in the country. For me personally is my favorite Mexico City hotel. Having stayed at the St Regis I think also a great spot, but I just can't get over the Four Seasons courtyard! Having said that many of my visits were work so maybe it was just the break needed! St Regis is also a lovely hotel too and a great location.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:36 am

Was at the Four Seasons a few weeks ago (just prior to the earthquake) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a suite.

And, as Larkin says, the Courtyard really is fabulous.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA ExP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Was at the Four Seasons a few weeks ago (just prior to the earthquake) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a suite.

And, as Larkin says, the Courtyard really is fabulous.
I have stayed at the StR but never at the Four Seasons, but I will say after eating brunch in the Courtyard of the Four Seasons, my wife forced me to admit that next time we stay in CDMX--it will be at the Four Seasons
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:10 pm

St Regis is definitely light years better than Hyatt Regency unless you are optimizing for having a club lounge. If that is your sole criteria then you have to go with the Hyatt.

Although Hyatt is also on the edge of Polanco neighborhood where there are great shops and restaurants that aren't 100% touristy. But if you want to stay in Polanco, the Las Alcobas is a much better option than the Hyatt.

Personally I like being in Polanco, so the Alcobas is my preferred hotel of the three. Smaller hotel, great rooms, good service. Gym and spa exist but are not luxurious. These are only quibbles i have with the hotel.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I definitely favor the FS over the StR. The StR has a little more of a grandiose sense at first, but then when you experience the dining and the courtyard and service at the FS, it pushes the FS ahead. I really love it there.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
How is the gym / pool area at the FS post-renovations? The last time I stayed there was in 2013, and was not impressed at all at the time. I think that was one of my favorite parts of the StR
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Howabout a Hilton?

I booked the Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico based on price. Now I read there isn't much to do in that area plus there isn't an exec lounge (I'm Diamond). Any other Hilton properties that you recommend, perhaps in a more vibrant location?
Also, I have enough SPG pts for 5 nights at any of the properties and would really like free breakfast and lounge access although I could suffer through the St.R

Last edited by rxgeek; Nov 11, 2017 at 7:21 am Reason: Modifying question.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
How is the gym / pool area at the FS post-renovations? The last time I stayed there was in 2013, and was not impressed at all at the time. I think that was one of my favorite parts of the StR
Going there this week. I will check it out and report back.
m.photog likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
At ST. Regis right now. Pretty damn good. Location is incredible. Will report back.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:35 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just stayed at Las Alcobas (private stay, mainly for sightseeing) and the location is what makes this for me the winner in Mexico City. The rooms are very nice (avoid the lowest floors), the hotel has a very boutique feel and F&B is excellent. Las Alcobas is in the middle of the upscale, low-rise Polanco neighborhood, and tons of restaurants, bars, shops, cafés are in walking distance. Great for people-watching, and very authentic.

Driving by the business district where all the other luxury options are (FS, StR, etc.) I was glad that I had chosen Las Alcobas. The area around these large hotels is nondescript and could be anywhere.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
business district where all the other luxury options are (FS, StR...is nondescript and could be anywhere.
likely why years of rave reviews for FS courtyard:
(past includes at least one who dislikes FS too)

Originally Posted by Larkin
Love the Four Seasons. Love to have drinks in the courtyard after working or sightseeing all day as it feels like I'm in the country. For me personally is my favorite Mexico City hotel. Having stayed at the St Regis I think also a great spot, but I just can't get over the Four Seasons courtyard!
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Courtyard really is fabulous.
Originally Posted by mjinkiri
I have stayed at the StR but never at the Four Seasons, but I will say after eating brunch in the Courtyard of the Four Seasons, my wife forced me to admit that next time we stay in CDMX--it will be at the Four Seasons
Originally Posted by paterwdb
I definitely favor the FS over the StR. The StR has a little more of a grandiose sense at first, but then when you experience the dining and the courtyard and service at the FS, it pushes the FS ahead. I really love it there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.