Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TIMATIC entry requirements seem to be incorrect for UK->MEX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

TIMATIC entry requirements seem to be incorrect for UK->MEX

Hey all, I'm a Turkish citizen planning a flight from UK to Mexico. Mexican Embassy in Turkey and the Mexican National Institute of Immigration (INM) say anyone with a valid UK visa can travel to Mexico regardless of nationality, but TImatic claims I need either a US visa or UK permanent residence permit. Anyone has any idea what to do in this situation? I confirmed that UK visas should be accepted for Mexico by emailing the Mexican Embassy. How do I even go about proving to the airline that I should be allowed to board the plane?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jojo42
Hey all, I'm a Turkish citizen planning a flight from UK to Mexico. Mexican Embassy in Turkey and the Mexican National Institute of Immigration (INM) say anyone with a valid UK visa can travel to Mexico regardless of nationality, but TImatic claims I need either a US visa or UK permanent residence permit. Anyone has any idea what to do in this situation? I confirmed that UK visas should be accepted for Mexico by emailing the Mexican Embassy. How do I even go about proving to the airline that I should be allowed to board the plane?
Are you flying UK-MEX non stop or UK-USA-MEX?
What airline/airlines?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Are you flying UK-MEX non stop or UK-USA-MEX?
What airline/airlines?
It's British airways directly to Mexico

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.