Wiki Posts
Search

Rental Car Agency in Cancun, Q. R. / CUN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Rental Car Agency in Cancun, Q. R. / CUN

I was planning on renting via Hertz in CUN but on seeing some feedback on here and elsewhere have cancelled my plans.

Can anyone recommend anyone decent to go with at CUN, or am I simply better hiring a driver/ paying for transfers on any days I want to travel? Enterprise seem well reviewed on Yelp

Its mad that Hertz let such an operation run under their name when you read some of the tales on the internet!

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Aug 14, 2019 at 1:07 pm
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
What's so bad about this location?

I rented from Hertz in CUN about 18 months ago with no problems. Yes there were no benefits I am accustomed to with rentals in the US but I didn't expect them either.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:44 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Given this thread isn't really Hertz specific, I'll move this to the Mexico forum.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:00 pm

Check Avis.mx and use a discount code (e.g. costco) - usually cheaper and includes the third party liability required. Avis is my go-to at CUN and has always been good - never an issue or hard sell. Another option is to rent nearer your hotel. Hertz PDC is quite OK.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've just been going through this for an upcoming trip. Most of the name brand companies show absurdly low rates (intermediate for $33 a week at Hertz) but apparently then load the back-end up with mandatory insurance at the rental counter, or so the internet says. I read mostly positive reviews about Easyway so that's who I went with, so I shall see.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by cayohueso
I've just been going through this for an upcoming trip. Most of the name brand companies show absurdly low rates (intermediate for $33 a week at Hertz) but apparently then load the back-end up with mandatory insurance at the rental counter, or so the internet says. I read mostly positive reviews about Easyway so that's who I went with, so I shall see.
Book with Avis. They're the only company we know of in Cancun that doesn't play those insurance games.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:35 am

I use Avant in Cancun. I have never had an issue with them. All insurance is included, so what you see is what you pay. Cars are new, clean and safe.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Have a rental with Hertz booked for next week but some of the stories on the forum are making me reconsider. Is there an issue with keeping my Hertz rental and making a backup with Avis in the event they charge me an insane amount in insurance on arrival?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 1:26 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Have a rental with Hertz booked for next week but some of the stories on the forum are making me reconsider. Is there an issue with keeping my Hertz rental and making a backup with Avis in the event they charge me an insane amount in insurance on arrival?
There's no issue with that, and in fact, we recommend it. Just be sure to only make pay-later bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.