Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury and all inclusive - oxymoron ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Silver
Luxury and all inclusive - oxymoron ?

Hi all, hope you could offer me some advice regarding accommodation in Mexico please?

We are planning to spend a few days at a beach resort after spending some time in Mexico City - I tend to steer clear of AI resorts but have heard Cancun does it very, very well. Is there anywhere that ticks the luxury and AI boxes? I'm not talking Aman style, but I don't want to end up at a Sun Holidays dump.

Le Blanc Spa looks good, but looks like it might be better suited for honeymooons? We want it to have some personality and atmosphere, think W as our ideal vibe. Hard Rock looks too chintzy, Breathless looks quite good on paper, but I do worry it might end up being all fur coat and no knickers.

Your expert advice will be very gratefully received.

Cheers
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Many luxury resorts offer all-inclusive packages. For example, the Fairmont Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya. I believe several other Riviera Maya hotels do as well.
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
This one's pretty good: https://www.unicohotelrivieramaya.com/
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: All of the above
We were very disappointed in Le Blanc. Rooms do not have balconies,mediocre food,bad wine,windy, and pool in shade part of the day. We loved GrandVelas Riviera Maya. We have been there twice. A little expensive,but excellent food good wine,beautiful facilities,we had a pool on our private balcony. Has an adult only side
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Have you thought about the Hyatts in Cancun ? I've stayed at the Hyatt Ziva several times, and found it very good. 2 Great beaches, lots of restaurants, pools etc. It is situated at the top of the '7", and thus is pretty private. Though I've never stayed at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, I have heard great things about it as well. It is a bit older, and in the more central beach area.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:05 pm

We are deciding between grand vellas and the royal playa. also is the adults only option at grand vellas worth it? We're ok with some kids around but having a hard time justifying paying 2X the cost..

Thx!
Old May 15, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: All of the above
You can stay in the non adults only rooms and use the adults only pool etc.
Old May 19, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: AM, UA, AA
I stayed here back in January: https://www.hotelxcaret.com/es/

By far the best all inclusive hotel I´ve stayed.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by rene86mx
I stayed here back in January: https://www.hotelxcaret.com/es/

By far the best all inclusive hotel I´ve stayed.
Bit late for this post but I stayed at the Xcaret Mexico hotel too (Feb 2018 and just booked again for next year) and can vouch for the quality of the accomodation, facilities and food options which are up there with the best I've ever had at an AI (Shandrani in Mauritius perhaps just beating it on the A la carte restaurants options but the Xcaret buffets are truly stand out with v fresh seafood and other items, perhaps the best buffet I've had anywhere in regards to quality and range).

Rooms are great, modern and v high tech and the setting quite spectacular, esp compared to the more generic hotels elsewhere around Cancun. The free entries to the various parks included is also a big bonus, if that's your thing
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Silver
Thanks for the tips.

For the record Breathless Cancun is a prison camp full of chavs. You live and learn I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.