Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Cancun area / CUN airport taxi, transfer, limo, shuttle, Uber etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancun area / CUN airport taxi, transfer, limo, shuttle, Uber etc.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
I always use USA Transfers.
Absolutely. Getting in touch with their representatives is so easy and using their app is even easier. I like their add-ons too like mosquito repellant The only other form of transportation I've used from the airport was the ADO bus that goes into downtown Cancun only.
herowing likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:00 pm

Programs: AMEX
Thank you all very much.
We have booked USA transfers.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I used USA Transfers based upon advice from people on here. I have found them to be effective. I had to wait for service last time I was there, but I understood it was because the road is all under construction and they have to take a big detour which adds a bit of time to the ride.

I find that they are all about the same price, including the taxis. So, the key is finding one you know will be there. I liked USA Transfers because they have a useful app and you could track the driver coming to the hotel to pick you up to take you back to the airport.
herowing likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I used USA Transfers based upon advice from people on here. I have found them to be effective. I had to wait for service last time I was there, but I understood it was because the road is all under construction and they have to take a big detour which adds a bit of time to the ride.

I find that they are all about the same price, including the taxis. So, the key is finding one you know will be there. I liked USA Transfers because they have a useful app and you could track the driver coming to the hotel to pick you up to take you back to the airport.
I see 3 different apps when I search USA transfers in the App Store. Do you have a link? Thanks.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by dewby
I arrived in holbox after a bit of a journey thanks to the weather in Dallas.

holbix is sargassum free. Beaches in top condition.
where did you stay in Holbox? Any tips for getting there from cancun Airport?

Last edited by TWA884; May 8, 2023 at 2:40 pm Reason: Bandwidth
Old May 8, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by MacKenzieIII
I see 3 different apps when I search USA transfers in the App Store. Do you have a link? Thanks.
The one I use and is installed on my phone is "Clients-USA Transfers" developer USA Transfers.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MacKenzieIII

Here is the website. The app is good for once you have made reservations.

https://usa-transfers.com
Old Jul 9, 2023, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Transportation from CUN to Hilton canopy

Can anyone recommend a company?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Can anyone recommend a company?
The company that has been recommended throughout this thread:

https://usa-transfers.com/

*once you book and get a booking number, download their app to have realtime notifications of the driver's arrival time and direct contact with a representative when you arrive or before you arrive. Just don't listen to random people approaching you at the airport.

Also at the Canopy try to get a room on the back side of the building facing the mall. A room right in the middle of the hallway to watch the nightly show of the Voladores of Veracruz.

If you're a diamond they have a special "Diamond Breakfast", at least when I was there I had to ask for it specifically.

Also, make a screenshot of your reservation BEFORE you get to the hotel. They, like a few hotels in Cancun and throughout Mexico will charge you for the CURRENT exchange rate plus a few additional points. So expect to pay MORE than what is listed on your reservation in USDs. The exchange rate is slowly rising in Mexico, so be prepared.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thank you Global Adventurer
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:02 pm

Just a video of UBER getting attacked in Cancun. The taxi drivers and still pissed off at Uber after many years, so this type of incidents still happens. A good reason not to get an UBER in Cancun, especially nowhere near the hotel zone. Maybe over in the downtown area is you off property on a side street. Best to catch the ADO buses and regional buses or tranfer van.

Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:07 am

UPDATE ON VEHICLE ASSAULT:

The assault in the video above is actually a private limousine service and not an UBER. They have assaulted even private transfer companies. Most like ones that don't bear the companies name.

Transfer companies like USA Transfer should have the company name on the side. At least their Vans have their name on the side.

The taxi drivers involved were arrested.

Story below:

Taxi drivers arrested
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:47 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I see a lot in the thread about airport/hotel transfers, but does anyone have any experience hiring a driver for a day for a small group (3 people) for sightseeing. We'll be staying at a resort south of Playa Del Carmen and know where we want to go just need to hire a driver for the day. Any suggestions on a good company for this?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by jasonl5
I see a lot in the thread about airport/hotel transfers, but does anyone have any experience hiring a driver for a day for a small group (3 people) for sightseeing. We'll be staying at a resort south of Playa Del Carmen and know where we want to go just need to hire a driver for the day. Any suggestions on a good company for this?
Mostly all the hotels and resorts throughout Mexico have tour companies on hire to do what you want. I would suggest contacting your hotel resort. Besides that, you would like to deal with people that are vetted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.