Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Cancun area / CUN airport taxi, transfer, limo, shuttle, Uber etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancun area / CUN airport taxi, transfer, limo, shuttle, Uber etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Fedez1234
look you could check here: http://www.taxi-airports-transfer.com/ I usually use them
I hope it helped you
I contacted them about CUN to Royal Islander and got this reply:

Hello,
Thank you for your email. I am sorry to inform you that for the moment we no longer cover this area. We can not help you arrange this transfer.

Any word on Uber? Still messed up there?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Any update on the best options (other than Uber) for Play Del Carmen area to CUN?
Old May 24, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Any update on the best options (other than Uber) for Play Del Carmen area to CUN?
We ended up using USA Transfer to get from Mayakoba to CUN. It was $60. They were prompt and polite, with a very nice new van.

We also used them for a tour of Chichen Itza and Coba, which was also excellent.
They are highly rated on the various review sites.
JDiver and jerry305 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Just a datapoint: I used Globogo, as recomended upthread on post #22 . Their website interface isn't the friendliest (I actually can't find the website now! but e-mail [email protected] should work) but the price was good (526 MXN) and the process was real smooth: I got an instant confirmation by e-mail, and a follow-up contact asking for any further details/requests. Looks like the actual transfer is handled by Posadas group. Driver wasexpecting us, van was spacious, clean, and driver corteous. Highly recommended!

UPDATE: actually the website is slow but works. Pick one of the Cancun hotels on the dropdown menu nearest to where you're going and you can add a note with your actual hotel from there. globoGO Transfers And Tours
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
Just a datapoint: I used Globogo, as recomended upthread on post #22 . Their website interface isn't the friendliest (I actually can't find the website now! but e-mail [email protected] should work) but the price was good (526 MXN) and the process was real smooth: I got an instant confirmation by e-mail, and a follow-up contact asking for any further details/requests. Looks like the actual transfer is handled by Posadas group. Driver wasexpecting us, van was spacious, clean, and driver corteous. Highly recommended!

UPDATE: actually the website is slow but works. Pick one of the Cancun hotels on the dropdown menu nearest to where you're going and you can add a note with your actual hotel from there. globoGO Transfers And Tours
Can't quite tell from your post (and #22 above) whether this company has English speaking drivers. I tried emailing using the address you listed and I received an "undeliverable" return email. I'm a little hesitant to just book without having some interaction. Do you know if they will definitely speak good english?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Can't quite tell from your post (and #22 above) whether this company has English speaking drivers. I tried emailing using the address you listed and I received an "undeliverable" return email. I'm a little hesitant to just book without having some interaction. Do you know if they will definitely speak good english?
You can try to contact them for a traslado (transfer) at http://www1.globogo.com/theme/html/site/home/tours.html (Spanish page and webform).

I might write this one off, too many changes and poor follow up. The email address is not working, the old web address leads to
Attached Images  
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you transfer between Cancun resorts? Is there a transfer service other than haggling with local taxis? Uber didn't seem to be available, or has 20+ minutes wait, when I tried test booking? I am not sure if I can trust Uber.

Last edited by TerryK; Aug 21, 2022 at 1:02 pm
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
How do you transfer between Cancun resorts? Is there a transfer service other than haggling with local taxis? Uber didn't seem to be available, or has 20+ minutes wait, when I tried test booking? I am not sure if I can trust Uber.
Taxis, shuttles, Collectivios and local buses is basically the only transportation available in the zone (depending on where your resorts are located. Uber is accessible in downtown Cancun mainly.

I've use Uber from Cancun downtown to the hotel zone. Used the buses in the hotel zone and downtown. Also used transfer companies, and Collectivio area vans.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Taxis, shuttles, Collectivios and local buses is basically the only transportation available in the zone (depending on where your resorts are located. Uber is accessible in downtown Cancun mainly...........
Any recommended shuttle company for inter-resort transfers? Most shuttles run to/from CUN airport. I am looking around Puerto Morelos area and there is hardly any Uber.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Any recommended shuttle company for inter-resort transfers? Most shuttles run to/from CUN airport. I am looking around Puerto Morelos area and there is hardly any Uber.
USA Transfers shuttle company run all up and down the zone going far south. If you're looking for something cheap, there's no such thing with transfer/shuttle companies unless you double up with someone else. I used them before and they worked out just fine. I had planned on using them for a resort to resort transfer but ended up just staying at the original resort.

https://www.entertainment-plus.net/affiliate_1082

*Also Uber and the Taxi union got into a major dispute a few years ago, so that's why it's not an option in many areas other than downtown (original town of Cancun). You can get Ubers from downtown Cancun to the hotel zone and to the airport etc, but not the opposite.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:12 pm

.....To clarify, USA Transfers and other similar shuttle/transfer companies goes to mostly all the areas south of Cancun (Riviera Maya) hotel to hotel, or wherever you need to go after making a reservation.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Cancun airport taxi

Flying to CUN next weekend. Can anyone recommend the most efficient and perhaps cost conscious options to the Westin lagunamar?

ETA: now that my post has merged I see the other related posts. I'm arriving Friday afternoon and need to get to lagunamar Westin. What is the typical taxi rate and do they take credit cards? I looked at entertainment-plus.net and it looks like it's $65 round trip but like others have mentioned it's only cash. Is it shared or dedicated?

I did get this email from the Westin:"The One provides comfortable transportation for up to six guests, plus luggage. Please pay via the link that will be emailed to you from The One prior to arrival. Once you make payment, they will send you a confirmation and arrival instructions.

The following PRIVATE transportation options are available:

Standard Option (VAN): $50 USD one way for up to 7 people or $85 USD round trip.

Luxury Option (SUV): $95 USD one way for up to 6 people or $170 USD round trip.

Standard Shared transportation (every hour on the hour only for departures)

$40 USD one way for 1 or 2 people and $65 round trip"

Last edited by enviroian; Aug 28, 2022 at 8:36 am
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Flying to CUN next weekend. Can anyone recommend the most efficient and perhaps cost conscious options to the Westin lagunamar?

ETA: now that my post has merged I see the other related posts. I'm arriving Friday afternoon and need to get to lagunamar Westin. What is the typical taxi rate and do they take credit cards? I looked at entertainment-plus.net and it looks like it's $65 round trip but like others have mentioned it's only cash. Is it shared or dedicated?

I did get this email from the Westin:"The One provides comfortable transportation for up to six guests, plus luggage. Please pay via the link that will be emailed to you from The One prior to arrival. Once you make payment, they will send you a confirmation and arrival instructions.

Standard Option (VAN): $50 USD one way for up to 7 people or $85 USD round trip.

Have you tried USA Transfers or Canada Transfers? The cost should be about $40 one-way for 1-3 people, and no shared vehicle. (I realize that seems like a lot for a 12 mile trip in Mexico - but for us it's worth it to not deal with the taxi/timeshare hustle upon arrival....)
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian

The transfer companies like USA Transfers accept credit card. You first book the reservation and then you pay by credit card the week you plan to use them. They will send you a secured link that goes to Visa/Mastercard to pay.
enviroian likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
The transfer companies like USA Transfers accept credit card. You first book the reservation and then you pay by credit card the week you plan to use them. They will send you a secured link that goes to Visa/Mastercard to pay.
thanks. Just booked it. RT is $20 less than the Westin price.

Oh just a question...when I landed and walked out PVR airport in June I was literally swamped by everyone looking for timeshare buyers, properties, etc. Is it that bad exiting CUN?

Where should I meet the USA van?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.