Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International to Domestic flight at Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Hoping someone can put my mind at ease. I, with 3 teenage children in tow, have a flight from Sydney to Dallas to Cancun. We then have an onward flight to Mexico City with a different airline (Volaris). Eveything looked doable but I have recently been advised that the flight from DFW to CUN is scheduled to depart 1 hour later thus meaning that we will not have enough time to collect luggage and clear immigration/customs and check into our Volaris flight. There is a later flight with Volaris but with a gap of only 2 hours will we have enough time to transfer from the international flight to domestic?

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
I have flown through several Mexican airports including the smaller cities and resorts (although not Cancun) and it has never taken more than 30-45 minutes. Even at very large and busy Mexico City with multiple planes arriving at the same time I have never had to wait more than an 75 minutes to get through both Passport Control and Customs.

CUN shouldnt be any larger or busier than Toluca, Acapulco, Puebla or Guadlajara and of course they are very used to lots of tourists and people needing to make critical connections for cruises. I would personally feel comfortable with 2 hours. Just make sure your teenagers dont take or do anything silly.....
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:34 pm

When is your flight for?
Hope there's no future schedule changes that will affect your trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.