Reload this Page >

SJD - San Jose del Cabo / Los Cabos Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

Los Cabos International Airport is a smaller airport where one may still board and deplane via mobile stairs and walks across the tarmac to / from the older terminals. It is located about 15 minutes (11 km / 7 miles) from the center of San José del Cabo, and about a half hour from the center of Cabo San Lucas.

The older Terminal 1 primarily handles the departures and arrivals of all flights from Mexico, Central America, and South America.

The new Terminal 2, which mainly handles international flights from the U.S. and Canada, has jetways and more up to date facilities, including fully refurbished facilities, a VIP lounge. See post 35 by Boraxo for information on the lounge and terminal.

Terminal 4 is currently under construction, and is to be joined with Terminal 3 for international operations in the future.

Taxis
Taxis cost roughly twice as much from the airport as to the airport.

Airport Shuttles
In addition to taxis, there are many airport shuttles from and to the airport. The shuttles are typically pre-booked, but it is possible to take one without a pre-booking (see post #59). The prices are based on these three zones:
  • Zone 1 - San Jose del Cabo city
    • Zone 2 - Corredor Turistico (Tourist Corridor)
      • Zone 3 - Cabo San Lucas city
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Those making same day turns from the US must process immigration and customs on arrival, then process back airside with valid boarding pass.

Inside, there are a few shops and if arriving, immigration (hold on to the piece of tourist card you're given back - you must turn it in upon departure or be fined and delayed whilst filling out forms) and customs.

Exiting, prior to arriving landside you may be solicited by a clot of timeshare touts offering "free transport" - outside you will find the "official" taxis and shuttles.

LOUNGES: VIP LOUNGE LOS CABOS
Hours: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Telephone: +52 (624) 1465 207 Ext. 50662

Hours: 6:00am – 5:00pm (may vary monthly in accordance with airline schedules)
Telephone: +52 (624) 1465 208 Ext. 50663
E-mail for both: [email protected]

CONTACT
AEROPUERTO DE SAN JOSÉ DEL CABO, S.A. DE C.V
Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 43.5
San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, C.P. 23420 México
Tel. +52 (624) 146-51-11, 146-51-12/13
Fax. (624) 146-52-01 / 00, 146-52-08

We will endeavour to update the information here; your efforts will be crucial to that effort.
Print Wikipost

SJD - San Jose del Cabo / Los Cabos Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ryder1650
How long before departure time do we need to arrive at the airport? Already have boarding pass and have no checked bags.
We literally walked through security - had it not been for my idiot friends not being prepped - it would have been 5-10 mins for me (this was Sunday around 10am-11am)
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just went through in under 5 minutes, even with my watch setting off metal detector. Just have your QR code ready along with BP and passport (duh). Buen viaje!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Which airport transportation would you recommend? I have at looked at the following.

https://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Ai...sportation.htm
Old Feb 18, 2024, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Which airport transportation would you recommend? I have at looked at the following.

https://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Ai...sportation.htm
You can take the city bus too, if you travel like that. It's right outside the airport.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
2024 Update:
  • No online or paper immigration or medical forms. Just present passports on arrival. Sweet!
  • No waiting for arrival immigration on weekday afternoons, but very much a YMMV depending on when your plane lands.
  • Fill out paper customs form before you arrive. Customs line was 5-10 min. Still push button red/green nonsense.
  • Beware! Bar outside T2 arrivals has no posted prices and charges $10 per beer and $20 per mixed drink. No kidding!
  • No online forms or QR codes for departures anymore. Sweet!
  • If you have no bags to check and can get a boarding pass through your app you do not need to wait in line in the lobby. Just go straight to security.
  • The T2 priority pass lounge is overwhelmed at peak times. We saw a line of 30-35 people on a Sunday morning. Not worth your time unless you have hours to kill.
  • Beware! SJD still has random gate security checks - you may be randomly selected right before the jetway. To avoid selection, put all liquids inside your carry-on item (they WILL confiscate water etc purchased in terminal) and don't be the first in line. You want to scan your pass while they are busy riffling through another suitcase.
Did I miss anything?

If you have no luggage to check and can get your boarding pass thru the app, I would say 2 hours is plenty of time to clear security and get to the gate without any stress. You could even cut it closer. The security lines are not long.
adambadam and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Thanks for this update. Came to this thread as the UA app, for a flight later this week, warns that construction may slow down customs/immigration waits. Any idea what that is about?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
Brief report: Arrival on 04-09-2024, departure on 04-16-2024. On arrival, it was a non-event. We had carry-ons and walked through. I think we put our bags through a machine (agricultural stuff) at the end -- but no wait. We rented a car, and that deserves its own post, but aside from a sizeable wait, no problems (Hertz). Driving 1h30m to Todos Santos in the dark was a bit concerning, but turned out to be no problem.

On return, even though I was flagged with the dreaded "SSSS", everything was low-key. Security was fast, no shoes off, no devices out, no big deal. I got pulled aside at the plane door for a (what do you call it) "materials-sniffing" search of my person and bag, not a big deal.

Before that, the Priority Pass "VIP" Lounge was merely OK, not great, and with a 20-min wait to get in via insanely inefficient check-in staff.

All in all, no worse than any US airport and in many ways better than most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.