Wiki Posts
Search

MTY, Tequila and Travel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
MTY, Tequila and Travel

I'm currently in Monterrey, staying near the Plaza Fiesta San Agustin. I'm thinking about taking a bottle or two of good tequila home. I'm flying DL direct back to DTW and can check my bag to avoid the liquor nonsense. As I know duty free at the airport is not always a good deal, I have a few questions for the seasoned MTY travelers.

1. Is it worth looking for something nearby? I like the better tequilias such as Herradura and Cazadores, but am far from an expert. Those I can get at home. What would you recommend for a quality yet not insanely expensive bottle that I can't get at home.

2. Buy in the city or at the airport?

3. Best store in the Plaza Fiesta if it is a good option?

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:00 pm

Hello There Tev

There is a licor store at the Plaza Fiesta in Monterrey called La Europea, you should be able to buy ¨Herencia Historico¨ XO Tequila. A bottle 3/4 Liter should be for sale arround $80 USD. If it comes in a fancy box it is more expensive. This is a product that takes 24 years to make.

You can not get any better than that !

Salud 2 !

Last edited by l etoile; Oct 5, 2012 at 7:54 am Reason: Removed link
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Never got much time to shop, so I just picked up a bottle of Tres Generaciones Anejo at duty free in MTY. I did take a look when I wandered through the grocery store and it looked to be a popular top shelf "local's" brand, so I went with it. I'm not into paying for fancy bottles and tourist trap stuff. I probably saved $10-15 over what I could get it for at home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.