Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico City: Condesa DF or Hotel Brick?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Mexico City: Condesa DF or Hotel Brick?

I have a 2 night weekend stay in Mexico City coming up in a few weeks and am trying to choose between these two hotels. If anyone has stayed at both, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on which you preferred and why. Rates are currently about even for the two properties. We are 30ish and would like to be close to some restaurants and bars, but have no need to be near super-active nightlife, clubs, etc.

My understanding is Condesa has more restaurants and bars. What I'm not sure about is what options are available in La Roma near Hotel Brick. If there isn't much, is it feasible to walk to the action in Condesa at night from Hotel Brick? Is it better just to stay at Condesa DF?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: American, United, Mexicana, Continental
I haven't stayed at either property, though I know the neighborhoods each is situated in. Colonia Condesa is more "hip" but Colonia Roma is probably more "mature". Both are excellent places to situate yourself. Condesa probably has more nightlife/restaurant options available. They'll be more well-known. Colonia Roma, though, is no shrinking Violet. My "gut" tells me Condesa DF is probably where you'll be most satisfied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.