Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cost to Mail Postcard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Cost to Mail Postcard

Does anyone know the current rate to mail a postcard from Mexico to the U.S.?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:12 pm

From the Mexican Postal Service website it is currently 11.5 Mexican pesos (apx. 95 US cents) to send a 20 gram letter or postcard to the USA.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info; I had been unable to determine that myself from studying the website.

I recently received a card mailed from Cozumel, with M$10,50 postage. But that doesn't mean it was correct. The same sender also mailed one from Grand Cayman with the equivalent of only US $0.25 postage, even though their postal website states that the proper postage is about 3 times as high.

I'm finding that the Internet is not very useful to figure out foreign postage rates, and that knowledge is limited....a bit odd, esp. of Flyertalk, where one gets the impression that contributors know everything about travel-related topics.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:00 pm

The postal service's website doesn't differentiate between a letter and a postcard, and 11.5MXN is the rate for a letter. It may be the case that postage for a postcard is lower... Best to ask.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

The stamps being sold on board the Sapphire Princess were M$13 to the US.

But, based on the confusion at the purser's desk, I can't say with confidence that this is the proper rate.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:50 am
Original Poster

5 Weeks for Mail Delivery from Mexico: Update on Results

The postcards I sent March 25 from Cabo San Lucas took 5 weeks to arrive in California.

No word yet on status of postcards mailed from Mexico to Europe or Tanzania.

Meanwhile, a friend just received a letter mailed from Puerto Vallarta to California. It had a Peso 11.50 stamp. The letter was mailed in March, but was not postmarked until April 26. It arrived May 14.
Old May 18, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: US C.P.
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
The postcards I sent March 25 from Cabo San Lucas took 5 weeks to arrive in California.

No word yet on status of postcards mailed from Mexico to Europe or Tanzania.

Meanwhile, a friend just received a letter mailed from Puerto Vallarta to California. It had a Peso 11.50 stamp. The letter was mailed in March, but was not postmarked until April 26. It arrived May 14.
Great to see the service is improving^
comfortablynumb likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:25 pm
cxm

rates to mail postcards from Mexico

According to this website (http://www.correosdemexico.com.mx/Se...osEntrega.aspx), as of January 2018 the rate to (air) mail a postcard (or letter up to 20 grams) from Mexico to North America, Central America, or the Caribbean is 11.50 MXN. The rate to mail such items to Europe or South America is 13.50 MXN, and the rate to mail such items to anywhere else (Rest of the World) is $15.00 MXN
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 28, 2018 at 10:55 am Reason: Activate link
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by cxm
According to this website (www dot correosdemexico dot com dot mx/ServiciosEntrega/Paginas/ServiciosEntrega.aspx), as of January 2018 the rate to mail a postcard (or letter up to 20 grams) from Mexico to North America, Central America, or the Caribbean is 11.50 MXN. The rate to mail such items to Europe or South America is 13.50 MXN, and the rate to mail such items to anywhere else (Rest of the World) is $15.00 MXN.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, and thank you.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Mailed postcards on our last trip to Puerto Vallarta back to the US. Unlike the previous year, the local post office had postage and so did the hotel. Closest postage to the actual rate the hotel had were two $7MXN stamps. Note that these were very large for the postcards. Ideally they would have been placed first, then the addresses written.

Took three weeks from the hotel to the cancellation stamp in Puerto Vallarta, and then another two months to delivery in the U.S. But they finally made it!^
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:49 pm

These are the rates I got from post office for mailing post cards abroad on 11 October 2018 from Mexico City:
US - 14.5 pesos
Europe - 14.5 pesos
Asia - 16 pesos
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.