Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Upgraded wireless Internet is complimentary in your guest room, and Gold Elite members enjoy a 10 percent discount on all purchases in our BLVD shop.

Executive Lounge – located on the 4th floor of the hotel, our Executive Lounge is open Monday through Friday 6:30am- 10am for breakfast. We are happy to provide breakfast for two at Glance, (previously called Ford's Filling Station), the lobby level restaurant on Saturday and Sunday.

Activities – the following amenities are offered at the hotel:

· Pool Deck, 4th floor open daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.

· The Ritz-Carlton Spa, 2nd floor open daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

· Fitness Center, 2nd floor is open 24 hours

Destination Fee

The $30+taxes destination fee includes the following amenities - redeemable via the passport they hand you at check-in:
  • Premium internet (with a special code instead of logging in with name/room number)
  • $20 food and beverage credit daily [resets at 12pm according to reports]
  • "Wine tasting" from 4:30-5pm at the hotel restaurant (choice of house wines, either 2 half glasses of white and red, or 1 glass of white or red)
  • Admission to the Grammy Museum
  • Free small popcorn at Regal theater (requires coupon from front desk)
  • 1 hour of bowling at Lucky Strike between 4-6pm (once per stay)
The hotel current does not provide an alternate amenity for elites to replace the premium internet included in the destination fee.

To get acquainted with the exciting recreation, entertainment, attractions and shopping options on and around the hotel, please visit: www.lalivemarriott.com
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Originally Posted by username
If anyone got any good shots of the building / downtown with the snow covered mountains behind, it would be beautiful.
I will try to get a shot today before the rain begins but I did get this shot a couple days ago http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b&id=770152328
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I understand this is now scheduled to open February 15.
I was unable to book it for the last two weekends in February, so either the place is already so popular that even the platinum override is unavailable, or they're not opening next month after all...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wingless
I will try to get a shot today before the rain begins but I did get this shot a couple days ago http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b&id=770152328
That is beautiful, isn't it! The air started to get bad Sunday and Monday's was cloudy.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I was unable to book it for the last two weekends in February, so either the place is already so popular that even the platinum override is unavailable, or they're not opening next month after all...
It is available to book for late April. I just checked the following dates:

Thursday, April 22nd
Normal rate $269; $319 for concierge level
AAA rate $269; (usually there's a 10% discount for AAA)
Marriott elite code; $289 (jumps the rate $20 LOL)

Friday-Sunday, April 23rd-25th
Normal rate $179; $319 for concierge level ($229 for Jr Suite)
AAA rate $170
Marriott elite code; $229 (jumps the rate $50 LOL)

Hotel seems to have a cancel policy of 24-hours in advance of arrival.

Will have rooftop pool & bar. Spa available via the Ritz.

Nowhere does it say on the site that the exec lounge is closed for the weekend & if they really want to charge $319 on a weekend, there better be some very fine canapes

Valet parking is listed at $38/day. Time to look for parking structures in the area

Website still shows opening 2/15/10, so if it's not they should probably update the website.

BTW - looks like the delta between the normal downtown Marriott & the JW is $50 (ie, Marriott was $50 less than JW for the dates I checked).

PS - Can we get a clarification from MarriottConcierge on whether this property is except from the EEO offers, or do they need to be educated on they are participating if they're not exempt?

Cheers.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
this place better be good; i've priced it for FB season next year and its significantly more than the airport properties i prefer. I will give it a shot though just to see if its worth it
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:47 pm

I PM'd MarriottConcierge to get an answer re: the EEO question - ie, are they exempt. Hopefully s/he will post back with the answer.

Cheers.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:50 pm

I was told today that they now have reservations open for the JW Marriott as yesterday for March 1st and the Ritz-Carlton as of April 1st.

Here is my blog from my visit today. http://southparkinla.blogspot.com/20...z-carlton.html
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:24 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

As requested, I'm looking into whether or not JW LA Live will participate w/ the EEO free night. I'll post again when I know for sure.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by wingless
I was told today that they now have reservations open for the JW Marriott as yesterday for March 1st and the Ritz-Carlton as of April 1st.

Here is my blog from my visit today. http://southparkinla.blogspot.com/20...z-carlton.html
Thanks wingless for the pics. Hopefully MarriottConcierge will come back & say EEOs can be used here, because otherwise the airport properties will still be better $$wise on the weekends & those do allow EEOs.

Since it's brand new it's obviously much better than the old tired current Marriott, but those who have to explain expenses to bosses or clients, or who travel on their own dime, will have a harder time justifying this property, whether weekday or weekend.

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
As requested, I'm looking into whether or not JW LA Live will participate w/ the EEO free night. I'll post again when I know for sure.
Any update?

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:09 am

I just got an email from LA Live stating:

JW Marriott Los Angeles Opens on February 15th

I just walked by there a couple of hours ago and things are looking good. They still doing a bit of work but it looks good.

Last edited by wingless; Feb 12, 2010 at 4:20 pm
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
EEO update??????
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:13 am

Ribbon cutting ceremony is today at 10am http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...e&id=770152328
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Calling Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
EEO update??????

I have a res in 4 weeks. Please clarify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.