Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Crystal City, VA (was Sheraton) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Crystal City, VA (was Sheraton) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I can't imagine choosing the dated, Watergate era Hilton over this Westin.
The Hilton rooms are nice. When there I'm usually in meetings/otherwise out & about all day so it's really only ever about the room. Sometimes the rate at the Westin makes no sense. Probably split my stays slightly in favor of the Westin, but it's never that much better that rate worth it to me
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Just don't forget to visit the Crystal City Restaurant (since 1963)!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Anything recent here? Considering a stay here in a couple weeks after after a not so great stay at the Westin Alexandria a few months ago. Specifically interested in what the elite breakfast is like?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by Renard
Anything recent here? Considering a stay here in a couple weeks after after a not so great stay at the Westin Alexandria a few months ago. Specifically interested in what the elite breakfast is like?
hotel is way past prime

cons
lobby is pretty lame and small. Bar area almost non existent. Restaurant is small but food is good. There is no lounge but elite breakfast is in the restaurant and half decent. They also put two bottles of water in your room

pro
hotel is clean

i would try one of the other bonvoy hotels in the area
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Renard
Was there in September
It's fine. Lobby is weird but as a base for easy DC exploration, it suits my needs. I tend to go with whichever is cheaper though, there's nothing special about this one. Didn't have the breakfast
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:33 pm

Stay in the Marriott Crystal Gateway, literally right across the street.

The breakfast in the M Lounge consists of a very well stocked breakfast bar and cooked to order eggs, omelets and waffles.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I stayed here recently and thought I would give a quick update and provide some updated photos of the property.

We just live a little over an hour away and like to get away to the Crystal City area on weekends as it is usually relatively cheap, has easy access to public transport to get around the city, has nice trails nearby with good views of the airport, nice enough dining options nearby and free parking on the weekends.

Pre-arrival I called to see what if any breakfast offerings they would have. They were doing a custom grab and go breakfast. You filled out a form the day before of the items you wanted and you just picked them up from the front desk the next morning. They had a microwave for the breakfast sandwiches which appeared to be Starbucks sandwiches and were pretty good. They had a coffee and hot water tank out also.

Arrival was uneventful with a friendly and helpful check-in person. They always seemed to be very friendly and helpful which says a lot for people that have public facing jobs these days. I give significant credit for that alone.

There is a bar and lobby area right as you enter the front door with a restaurant area just the other side of a wall. They were closed and cant imagine it is that great to hang out there when they are open. They are the kind of bar and restaurant that serves their purpose of having something in the hotel and nothing more in my opinion.

The room was ok, seemed well cleaned with some alcohol wipes provided. Plenty of power and usb ports by the bed at the desk etc. They gave us a room with a xx02 room number which seemed to have a nice enough view of the airport area and could see Washington Monument also.

Metro is a block away. One of the free evening and weekend parking locations is just about 1-2 blocks away. You have restaurants in on Crystal Drive, the Pentagon Mall area and 23rd st which are all about 10 minutes walk, give or take. I actually prefer the Renaissance from a hard product perspective but they were playing some bait and switch games with booking which I didnt like so I will never sty there again. I also like the Marriott Crystal City which is a couple of blocks away but they were doing nothing for breakfast options and were more expensive during my dates. I was going to try and consider the Marriott Gateway but they did not pick up the phone when trying to call multiple times, there were indeed open it appeared so wrote them off this time.

I say the effort that the Westin is making during these more difficult operating times give them an edge on future bookings.

CO-PLAT, dtwtransport and Norexan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.