Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy, launches Feb 13, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
New Tier Names. This applies to Lifetime naming as well.

Platinum Premier Elite becomes Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite . (75 nights)
Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador becomes Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite. (100 nights + $20,000 spend)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium

Feb 13 Marriott rewards becomes bonvoy.

Platinum premier becomes titanium

platinum premier with amassador becomes ambassador elite

i for one am very excited about the two new names for top tier elites and I hope sets Marriott up to distinguish benefits for these tiers better

https://meetmarriottbonvoy.marriott.com/

MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by Nuhusky; Jan 16, 2019 at 4:31 am
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:30 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Say Hello to Marriott Bonvoy

On August 18, 2018, we introduced one loyalty program with unified benefits under our three loyalty brands — Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG). Today we announce our new name in the final step to complete our integration: Marriott Bonvoy. It means good travel, an idea that inspires everything we do.

Marriott Bonvoy is a travel program designed to bring to life our extraordinary portfolio of global brands and more than 6,700 hotels and resorts in 129 countries and territories, while also providing endless inspiration for members to keep traveling and pursuing their passions.

Marriott Bonvoy is built on the belief that travel enriches our members and the world around them. Launching on February 13, Marriott Bonvoy replaces Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG. Soon you’ll see our new logo and branding on property, in marketing, and across digital and mobile experiences.

Marriott Bonvoy Moments and Events

Beginning on February 13, Marriott Moments, Marriott Rewards Moments and SPG Moments will be combined into Marriott Bonvoy Moments, featuring 120,000+ experiences in 1,000 destinations. Access sights and excursions where you live and where you travel, or indulge in once-a-lifetime experiences.

New Names for Two Elite Status Levels

On February 13, two new names for Elite status tiers will take effect. Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite will be the new name for Platinum Premier Elite status, for members who surpass 75 nights, and Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite will be the new name for Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador status. This top Elite status tier recognizes members who surpass 100 nights and more than $20,000 in spend annually.

Coming Soon: A New Mobile Experience

A new mobile experience will be launched in celebration of Marriott Bonvoy. If you’re using The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or SPG app, note that those apps will be deactivated. Download the Marriott App and, on February 13, it will automatically update to become the Marriott Bonvoy App.

Learn more about Marriott Bonvoy

Marriott International
[email protected]
Brendan, orca15 and nequine like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I went to link and couldn't find much info - will lifetime plat premier now be lifrtimr titanium?
JK likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: Various
It will take a while to accept the Bonvoy name. Spelling it wrong at first just proves this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Oy.

khabah
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:17 am

Just heard the new programe details from a property im at, what a stupid name, and ridiculous process towards the (new program and) name. 1 whole year of bs culminated to bonvoy and no new initiative
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:55 am

would have been a great time to offer some new benefits for the new tiers.

Some perks don't cost very much either.

Examples- Extra guest passes for the lounge or a buffet, free water in your room (not the $10 bottles) daily, Preferred Parking Spots (like Hilton does for Diamond Members), Free Airport Shuttle in Every city even if they charge.

I could think of very long list that wouldn't be that costly for the "firm".
Brendan, jfar28139 and flyguy6 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Seen here on Flyertalk first.

I like the video - it's very Starwood, with no Utah-based Tumi-tugging Accenture consultants in poor fitting suits sitting in a lounge drinking Bud Light out of plastic cups in sight. Looks like they're going for aspirational: Let's hope they're successful at matching the delivery to the brand.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:07 am

I have been consistently using the SPG app..........have not even signed into the Marriott App since I merged my accounts. Does this just mean that effective that date the SPG app no longer works and I should just sign into the Marriott App? I'm scared when I sign back into the MAR app - why do I think the information will be wrong I guess I should do that sooner than later!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Bravada04
I have been consistently using the SPG app..........have not even signed into the Marriott App since I merged my accounts. Does this just mean that effective that date the SPG app no longer works and I should just sign into the Marriott App? I'm scared when I sign back into the MAR app - why do I think the information will be wrong I guess I should do that sooner than later!

Mobile account access will be available via the new Marriott Bonvoy app. The Marriott App will become the Marriott Bonvoy App at the completion of a software update. However, SPG and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Apps will be retired. Users of those apps will be notified and prompted to download the new Marriott Bonvoy App.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I went to link and couldn't find much info - will lifetime plat premier now be lifrtimr titanium?

Platinum Premier Elite will be called Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite and Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador will be called Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite.

(This applies to Lifetime naming as well).
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Seen here on Flyertalk first.

I like the video - it's very Starwood, with no Utah-based Tumi-tugging Accenture consultants in poor fitting suits sitting in a lounge drinking Bud Light out of plastic cups in sight. Looks like they're going for aspirational: Let's hope they're successful at matching the delivery to the brand.
I agree I got a good "SPG" vibe from the promotional video ... lets now hope it materializes it self with standard suite upgrades and proper enforcement of the breakfast benefit instead of a muffin and a cup of coffee ... and most importantly an end to the IT mess so that MAR can regain some trust from their customers ....
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV
Platinum Premier Elite will be called Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite and Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador will be called Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite.

Will sweeps for Lifetime Platinum Premier / Lifetime Titanium be completed prior to program cutover?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I hope adequate training is provided to front desk associates with this change. It's not intuitive at all that Titanium sits above Gold/Platinum.

I fear it won't be, but I shall live in hope.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker IV

Are there any changes to the terms and conditions beyond replacing the name of the program and the names of the elite statuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.