Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Standard Redemption Rate Certificate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver

I looked everywhere and just spent 1h on hold with an agent (only for the call to drop) and am no closer to the answer:

Does anyone have any idea what this "Standard Redemption Rate" certificate might be? It looks like it may be an IT bug, but if it's an actual cert that somehow ended up on my account (I did recently cancel some SPG50 bookings) I'd sure like to use them!

Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not sure. If you had an SPG50 free night certificate that was unattached to a reservation (or became unattached) then that was cancelled and became something weird with a 45K per night point cap IIRC.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not sure. If you had an SPG50 free night certificate that was unattached to a reservation (or became unattached) then that was cancelled and became something weird with a 45K per night point cap IIRC.
Sorry - I should have made myself clearer. SPG50 was the "1k Starpoints and 50% off rack rate" which was available on SPG. Nothing to do with the free night cert achieved at 50 nights.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:43 pm

That looks like if you cancelled a legacy SPG reservation, when you cancelled the res it might not have cancelled the award certificate. Have you cancelled any redemption awards that your points weren't returned to your account?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thebackcourse
That looks like if you cancelled a legacy SPG reservation, when you cancelled the res it might not have cancelled the award certificate. Have you cancelled any redemption awards that your points weren't returned to your account?
Possibly, although I doubt I wouldn't have kept track of it... in any case it's probably too late now as my cancellations list would be lost somewhere in the legacy SPG system.

UPDATE: I called again this morning (early morning is the best time to get hold of competent agents with little hold times!) and was told they were each worth 30k points! So I cancelled both and got a nice unexpected 60k windfall! Perhaps a benefit of the botched IT merger?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Possibly, although I doubt I wouldn't have kept track of it... in any case it's probably too late now as my cancellations list would be lost somewhere in the legacy SPG system.

UPDATE: I called again this morning (early morning is the best time to get hold of competent agents with little hold times!) and was told they were each worth 30k points! So I cancelled both and got a nice unexpected 60k windfall! Perhaps a benefit of the botched IT merger?
it was a really common issue since merge of the programs that people would cancel their reservation and because of the technical issues the award certificate wouldn't get cancelled. Some of the more on the ball agents would notice it when it happened and go in and manually cancel the certificate but if you did the cancel online or the agent didn't notice when cancelling over the phone it would get missed. I'm glad they have found a way to enable people to get their points back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.