Wiki Posts
Search

PP walked at Albuquerque Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
PP walked at Albuquerque Marriott

i was Platium Premire the last five years Including this year. On August 18 I stayed at PP and all Platinums were upgraded to PP.

Arrived at Albuquerque Marriott last night for a reservation made more than 2 months ago. No rooms available. I remind agent about PP and ask why I was selected to be walked. Her only answer is most of the guest are Platinum now.

They say only available room is 3 miles away at a Holoday Inn Express. She states she will give me 100,000 MRD points. I mention the $200 compensation for being walked. She states that I have to take that up with manager in the morning but the 100,000 points will be in addition to what I get from manager.

Drive to the Holiday Inn Express to find there are no available parking spaces. Advised to park in the fire lane and risk being towed or park across the street at a Budget Inn. Budget Inn does not agree with the permission to park

Holiday Inn Exp says they know nothing about Marriott paying for the room and bill my credit card. Wall paper peeling off the walls. 2 double beds one of which is broken and leaning at a 45 degree angle.

This is morning, Marriott Albuquerque gives me check for $200 after waiting 45 minutes to see the GM. 100,000 points promised at walking is not authorized.

Under new new program where every one is platinum, it means nothing.
myko85 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by wvactions
i was Platium Premire the last five years Including this year. On August 18 I stayed at PP and all Platinums were upgraded to PP.

Arrived at Albuquerque Marriott last night for a reservation made more than 2 months ago. No rooms available. I remind agent about PP and ask why I was selected to be walked. Her only answer is most of the guest are Platinum now.

They say only available room is 3 miles away at a Holoday Inn Express. She states she will give me 100,000 MRD points. I mention the $200 compensation for being walked. She states that I have to take that up with manager in the morning but the 100,000 points will be in addition to what I get from manager.

Drive to the Holiday Inn Express to find there are no available parking spaces. Advised to park in the fire lane and risk being towed or park across the street at a Budget Inn. Budget Inn does not agree with the permission to park

Holiday Inn Exp says they know nothing about Marriott paying for the room and bill my credit card. Wall paper peeling off the walls. 2 double beds one of which is broken and leaning at a 45 degree angle.

This is morning, Marriott Albuquerque gives me check for $200 after waiting 45 minutes to see the GM. 100,000 points promised at walking is not authorized.

Under new new program where every one is platinum, it means nothing.
You might try escalating with MPG to see if they are interested in educating the property of the details of the walk policy. Room paid, credit as if you stayed, and cash. Plus to let them know there is a difference between P and PP.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by RogerD408
You might try escalating with MPG to see if they are interested in educating the property of the details of the walk policy. Room paid, credit as if you stayed, and cash. Plus to let them know there is a difference between P and PP.
This could be a painful transition period with the absurd current naming of status levels. I still can't believe how little thought went into this aspect of merging the programs. Of course the average FD and even managers are bound to regard Platinum blah blah to be the same as Platinum wha wha.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by wvactions
Her only answer is most of the guest are Platinum now.

Is this the new Starriott motto/tagline?
Just unbelievable that they'd throw that at you (even if "most guests are Platinums" happens to be sadly true). Sorry to hear you had to go through all of that!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May be we need to print the current Loyalty Program T&Cs to PDF and save it to our devices so we can pull it out at situation like this.

Also if being walked, before driving over I would insist the front desk to call the other hotel on speaker phone, to make sure arrangement of paying the night at the other hotel is made before going over there.

Finally it still is a good practice no matter what if one is to arrive late, always always get in touch with the hotel ahead of time and hope they have a note put in the reservation on very late arrival and not give away your room.
Horace, KRSW, xzh445 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Happy
May be we need to print the current Loyalty Program T&Cs to PDF and save it to our devices so we can pull it out at situation like this.

Also if being walked, before driving over I would insist the front desk to call the other hotel on speaker phone, to make sure arrangement of paying the night at the other hotel is made before going over there.

Finally it still is a good practice no matter what if one is to arrive late, always always get in touch with the hotel ahead of time and hope they have a note put in the reservation on very late arrival and not give away your room.
The list of things we need to do to cover our behinds is getting larger and larger as the days go by...
Horace, Happy, dcstudent and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador

Disagree with the last part. What's the point of having hotel status if you have to waste your time leaving notes on your reservation about late arrivals?

OP's treatment is just unacceptable. If you have top status with a hotel chain, getting walked is simply not an option that should even be considered. That is the most base expectation that status grants you. It's no different than if Detla decided to pick me for an involuntary deboard as a Diamond rather than someone without status.

I agree that credential inflation is a problem with the merged programs, but I can 100% guarantee you that there were non-statused folks staying in the 411 room hotel that night.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
The part that really gets me is sending the OP to a much more inferior hotel AND not even having set it up for the hotel to be billed for the night OR even making sure there was an acceptable room/parking for the OP.
DJ_Iceman, KRSW and ethernal like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcstudent
The part that really gets me is sending the OP to a much more inferior hotel AND not even having set it up for the hotel to be billed for the night OR even making sure there was an acceptable room/parking for the OP.
I don't see the problem here. After all, the OP is just a regular "Platinum" peon like everyone else. Even my hairdresser's dog is Platinum. Heck, even my grandma, and she's dead.
SEA777GUY likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
Disagree with the last part. What's the point of having hotel status if you have to waste your time leaving notes on your reservation about late arrivals?

OP's treatment is just unacceptable. If you have top status with a hotel chain, getting walked is simply not an option that should even be considered. That is the most base expectation that status grants you. It's no different than if Detla decided to pick me for an involuntary deboard as a Diamond rather than someone without status.

I agree that credential inflation is a problem with the merged programs, but I can 100% guarantee you that there were non-statused folks staying in the 411 room hotel that night.
It should not be necessary but personally I ALWAYS think I am the person who would be most keenly to protect my travel plan, no one else would be as keen as myself. I would rather to send an email or make a call ahead of time (preferrably an email) to avoid being caught in a situation like that. We have many late arrivals due to flights and I always email the hotels to get some kind of acknowledgement they know about such.

Sure, it is unacceptable being treated by the hotel like that, but stuff happened, that might be prevented by one extra step that does not cause much effort.

To me, not being walked due to a small precautionary action is far better than being walked, got a crummy treatment, then come here to ask for advice when others make armchair quarterback style claims on how the hotel should not do this and that... The damage has already been done, and the poster is left to find a solution thru the messy Marriott Reward...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unfortunately, in January the dog will become LTPP.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The list of things we need to do to cover our behinds is getting larger and larger as the days go by...
Very sad but true.

I believe that ONLY myself would have the keenest interest in protect my own travel plan, so I would rely much upon myself to take precautionary measure so to minimize the chance of getting caught in ugly situation.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
It should not be necessary but personally I ALWAYS think I am the person who would be most keenly to protect my travel plan, no one else would be as keen as myself. I would rather to send an email or make a call ahead of time (preferrably an email) to avoid being caught in a situation like that. We have many late arrivals due to flights and I always email the hotels to get some kind of acknowledgement they know about such.

Sure, it is unacceptable being treated by the hotel like that, but stuff happened, that might be prevented by one extra step that does not cause much effort.

To me, not being walked due to a small precautionary action is far better than being walked, got a crummy treatment, then come here to ask for advice when others make armchair quarterback style claims on how the hotel should not do this and that... The damage has already been done, and the poster is left to find a solution thru the messy Marriott Reward...

Small precautionary action? Apologies, but wasting my time every week and letting the hotel know I'm going to be a late arrival is a huge waste of time. I generally don't check-in until 11-12 PM because I'm usually at the office pretty late. If I know I will check in past the system cutoff I will let the hotel know because they will need to take special steps. Otherwise I expect my reservation to be honored.

This is one thing that - if not immediately mitigated by some serious corporate cover and apologies - would make me switch hotel chains in a heartbeat.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I don't see the problem here. After all, the OP is just a regular "Platinum" peon like everyone else. Even my hairdresser's dog is Platinum. Heck, even my grandma, and she's dead.
Hey, if she is dead how do fly once a year to see her?
Can you get me a companion ticket?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Just as an aside, after a series of lackluster stays at the ABQ Marriott (but nothing as bad as what the OP suffered), they opened the Pyramid property on the other side of town. I tried it, and have never even bothered to look at the ABQ Marriott since--it's just that much better.
silverthief2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.