Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Seabilly
For what it is worth,

Marriott Hotels‏ @Marriott 4h ago
The birthday elite nights are not gone, the timing of our merger may have caused a slight delay in the processing of these nights to the accounts.
I wonder if that includes the initial email? Post-merger birthday and haven't received anything. I'll double check my account when I get home but I know it was set for receiving emails because I changed it last year after figuring out why I didn't get it then.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by rustykettel

I wonder if that includes the initial email? Post-merger birthday and haven't received anything. I'll double check my account when I get home but I know it was set for receiving emails because I changed it last year after figuring out why I didn't get it then.
Not sure. I got an email and night credit last year. This year I didn't get either.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Don't recall ever receiving such an e-mail over the years. I wonder if Yahoo spam filters treat a message like that differently than, say, a reservation confirmation. But come to think of it, I always seemed to receive promo e-mails just fine, so that's not likely to be the explanation. Perhaps Marriott just knows I don't like to make a fuss over my birthday, and in fact have spent a bunch of them in their hotels while working, instead of staying home and celebrating.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by asot550
Another dp of birthday night click on 8/14 pre-merger. Still haven't seen the night credit but I haven't taken any action to remedy the situation. I figured it's just merger hiccups so I was letting things settle more before asking about it.
Finally got my birthday night credit this week! Took a phone call to the Marriott platinum line last week but it did show up about 5 days later.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

Didn't give it enough time! Email
came a week late. Is Marriott trying to prove they really do treat me like family?

Will see how long it takes to post...
GregWTravels likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Didn't give it enough time! Email
came a week late. Is Marriott trying to prove they really do treat me like family?
Will see how long it takes to post...

- I am sorry but my view of this Elite Night Credit on a birthday is just a cheap gimmick. Basically, it is simply lowering re-qualification bar for the current elite member by 1 night. This could be of some value but for a very small % of the elite members. Then gift isn't a gift if it is absolutely useless for someone who will end up with 85+ nights for the year. Also, it does not stimulate to stay more and, thus, is a bad move from a marketing perspective.
From SPG side we have seen nice re-qualification gifts for PLT members. I was also getting "birthday" presents from Hertz in terms of extra point credit for the next booking.... Somehow I would expect more from Marriott especially after a sloppy website integration.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- I am sorry but my view of this Elite Night Credit on a birthday is just a cheap gimmick. Basically, it is simply lowering re-qualification bar for the current elite member by 1 night. This could be of some value but for a very small % of the elite members. Then gift isn't a gift if it is absolutely useless for someone who will end up with 85+ nights for the year. Also, it does not stimulate to stay more and, thus, is a bad move from a marketing perspective.
It requires you to opt into marketing emails, which the company may consider valuable from a marketing perspective.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:13 pm

I've never received these emails... did not know this was a thing.

My birthday is coming up, and thought I'd double check my communication preferences to make sure I'm opt into marketing emails. Unfortunately, it seems like that part of the website is broken (at least for me).
All I get when I click "Edit" next to communication preferences is a white box.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm guessing this was a legacy Marriott thing only?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Birthday was mid-October. Used to always get the email and night credit.

This year got neither the email nor the night credit. I am opted in and getting Marriott emails, so not sure why it didn't come this year.

I'm not going to bother following up, as with lifetime status and not chasing any higher status this year nights are meaningless to me. Can't be bothered with the hassle.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got my email and got my night as per usual for my birthday earlier in October
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I accepted the invitation in July. The birthday elite night still has not posted. I've sent two emails, which were ignored. I mentioned it in September when I called member services about something else; I was assured my elite would post within 4 days, but that didn't happen.

I'm already at Lifetime Platinum Premier, so I'm not chasing status — but I would like to get the second set of five Suite Nights Awards when I reach 75 nights this year.

I now expect to end 2018 with exactly 75 nights — without the birthday elite night. So if Marriott can't be bothered to provide the "birthday gift" it promised, it won't make any difference.

I would have been upset if I were now looking at 74 nights, and I had to waste time and money to get a 75th night because of Marriott's failure.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Duke787
Got my email and got my night as per usual for my birthday earlier in October

Was there a delay in the night posting? It's been more than a couple weeks since I clicked the link in the mail, and the night has yet to post.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flandery
Was there a delay in the night posting? It's been more than a couple weeks since I clicked the link in the mail, and the night has yet to post.
Same issue for me. My birthday was at the very start of the month, click the link the day I got the email (and confirmed on the first page by clicking again), and it's still yet to post. Of course, I've not had the night post without several follow up emails each of the last few years. Of course, I have 3 stays this month that have still yet to post anyway, so I've about given up hope of ever seeing this year's birthday night actually hit my account...
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I called Marriott about it yesterday, and shockingly it posted this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.