Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
See post #75 from the Lurkers. This is a targeted promotion.
I guess the targeting could be set on whether it has meaning for you to get an elite night or not. This year and last year I did not get a birthday night, but I was above 75 stayed night before my birthday, so it had little meaning to get 1 elite night credit.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess the targeting could be set on whether it has meaning for you to get an elite night or not. This year and last year I did not get a birthday night, but I was above 75 stayed night before my birthday, so it had little meaning to get 1 elite night credit.
What if your birthday is in January or February? LOL
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
What if your birthday is in January or February? LOL
Then you are probably more frequently targeted... I don't know had not thought of that aspect, it just suited quite well with me track record.... Maybe too simple.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone know if these night(s) count towards lifetime?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Does anyone know if these night(s) count towards lifetime?
Promotional nights do count for lifetime status as well.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
No birthday EQN for me either this year. Sic transit gloria Bonvoy.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I do not ever get targeted with a Dec birthday.

Had to do a single night mattress run 2 weeks ago just to cross the threshold. Thanks to the GM's SNAFU in applying giftcards at check out, I received a Very Generous "Extra Points" bonus from him as an apology.

It is surreal especially I never ask for anything but he voluntarily told me he would give me some "Extra Points" for the inconvenience, once together, we finally figured out what to do.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
My birthday has come and gone yesterday and no email. I’ll be at 99 nights when I check out of my current hotel on Friday, so it would have been nice to hit ambassador before my next stay. Oh well.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I did not get a birthday night credit this year and will be at 74 nights so will do a last night mattress run before the end of the year.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by holocker
I did not get a birthday night credit this year and will be at 74 nights so will do a last night mattress run before the end of the year.
Could try to make contact with a lurker here, insider at marriott rewards insiders or maybe call and ask for it.. Worth a try. I'd try all three. I asked an insider last year for help getting it and it was granted.

isiders.marriottrewards.com
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This is an important issue for many of us.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I used the contact me form someone linked in earlier and I got my birthday night credit.
gregv and kalo93406 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
i contacted Marriott about not having received the birthday benefit this year (or last year) following an email advising me of such. Their response:

"Thank you for reaching out to us regarding Birthday credit. I would be happy to assist you.

The Birthday credit is not guaranteed gift as it is a targeted promotion. If you receive an e-mail for this gift this does not ensure you will get it every year. I am sorry we are unable to award this. When you receive an e-mail you would follow the steps to accept it. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

In response to my resending the email I had received last year I got a further reply:

"As this was a Marriott Rewards gift and as of August 18, 2018 we are now Marriott Bonvoy this offer has changed when the Loyalty program changed along with the loyalty program. I am very sorry we are not able to issue the free night gift for your birthday. It is now a targeted offer that would be sent out via e-mail."

-------

So no happy birthday for me!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Didn't get one, messaged on Twitter and was told targeted promo only, then called and got a very nice woman who checked with someone briefly and then added it to the account!
gregv likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Birthday elite night now targeted. Outrageous!

"Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy, in regards to your birthday elite night credit. I really appreciate your loyalty towards Marriott Bonvoy Program.

"I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and appreciate your understanding. I would like to inform you that it is a targeted promotion and not every member gets an email for the same."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.