Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Marriott/SPG/RC properties in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'd recommend the Le Méridien. We stayed there on an overnight connection a couple of years ago. It's got a great location and is a really nice hotel.

I'm assuming you mean:
Le Royal Meridien at 789 Nanjing Road East, Shanghai ,SHA 200001 China
T: (86)(21) 3318 9999

since there is another Le Meridien but it's located further from the center of the city. Please let me know.

Also does this property have a lounge?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
I'm assuming you mean:
Le Royal Meridien at 789 Nanjing Road East, Shanghai ,SHA 200001 China
Also does this property have a lounge?
That's the one. I don't recall if they have a lounge, but the pool was nice with a great view.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
I would personally stay in the Bund, there are two SPG properties there but I haven't stayed at either. My stays in Shanghai were not at Starwood properties much to my distress but the Bund is a great area with plenty of things to do and see and reasonably well connected transport-wise.

The Westin Bund Center, Shanghai

I think the Le Royal Méridien Shanghai is quite close by.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tony2x
I think the Le Royal Méridien Shanghai is quite close by.
It's actually at People's Square, which we think is a better location than the Bund. It's about a 10 minute walk or about two subway stops between them.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Assuming I stay at Le Royal Meridien. Any recommendations on places to walk around and interesting places to eat for both dinner and breakfast?

I want to make the most of the trip by getting a quick experience of China.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
There are already several threads on SPG in Shanghai, including (but not limited to):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

The above have all been recently posted to (see the last few pages of each thread).

As for "visiting Shanghai" tips, see the China forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china-613/
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: SPG Pt.
Both properties are great. Both room designs are modern as well. Le meriden is a lot taller with better view of the people's square. Hence, the lounge has better view as well compare to the westin's lounge. Both properties offer breakfast in the lounges and Lobby cafe. Le meridien has better selections of Liquors whereas westin's lounge offers better food selection including Ice cream during cocktail time. For breakfast, trust me, westin beats Le meridien. You will love the yougert selections in the westin. For traffic, both properties are very close to subway stations respectively.

For shopping, they are both very convenient. Or take # 2 subway, Jinan Temple, East Nanjing Rd., People's Square, West Nanjing Rd. and Lujiazui Stations are great places to go.

If you planned to pay a visit to the bund, unfortunely, the bund is closed on the shanghai side. You will have to go to the pudong side, which is right next to Lujiazui station.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
Assuming I stay at Le Royal Meridien. Any recommendations on places to walk around and interesting places to eat for both dinner and breakfast?
The People's Square area is very good for walking around. Just be prepared for all the hawkers on Nanjing Road. Watches? Pens? Massage?

In our month in Shanghai, we found good food pretty much anywhere we went. I'd suggest the Lonely Planet Guide.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP , SPG PLT, AMEX PLAT, HERTZ PC,
Which Starwood hotel is the best in shaghai

Hey Guys

Need some help.

I am a platinum member and going to shanghai on business for 10 days. I have stayed at the le royal merridian and had a great time. rooms were great and the club floor was the best part.

I would like to hop from hotel to hotel to earn more stays this time around and wanted to get some feedback from people who stayed in the other Starwood hotels there. Which ones have club floors that offer breakfast and free internet?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by SHENFO11
Hey Guys

Need some help.

I am a platinum member and going to shanghai on business for 10 days. I have stayed at the le royal merridian and had a great time. rooms were great and the club floor was the best part.

I would like to hop from hotel to hotel to earn more stays this time around and wanted to get some feedback from people who stayed in the other Starwood hotels there. Which ones have club floors that offer breakfast and free internet?

Thanks in advance for the help.
You have many properties to choose from, they are all spread around town (decide if you stay in Pudong side or downtown side). I usually focus on the ones near my meetings venue, since moving from one end to the other in Shanghai is not very smooth.
The best one for me has been the Westin near the Bund. Sometimes overpriced though.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:59 am

I only have experience of the Westin Bund Center, but had two fantastic stays there a couple of years back; upgraded to the largest suite I've ever seen despite complete lack of status at the time.

Good location - walking distance to some of the trendiest bars and restaurants and of course to the Bund itself. Friendly and helpful staff, and I'd definitely stay there again.

Last edited by sixela73; Nov 6, 2009 at 12:01 pm Reason: missed a bit ...
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:16 pm

We had a great time at the LRM. Even though you've been there before, I recommend at least another night or two in your hotel hop.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atakam
You have many properties to choose from, they are all spread around town (decide if you stay in Pudong side or downtown side). I usually focus on the ones near my meetings venue, since moving from one end to the other in Shanghai is not very smooth.
This has to be the understatement of the century
I second the vote to stay near where you need to be in Shanghai- otherwise you will spend all your day in the car!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
I have stayed at most SPG properties in Shanghai for a total of 50+ nights. Most SPG properties in Shanghai, if not all, have club floors and offer free breakfasts for platinum. Besides LRM, I like the club floors of St Regis and Westin.

(The LRM is probably the best bet, unless your business is in the outskirts of Shanghai. It's located in the center of Shanghai, at People Square(where 3 metro lines intersect) and off Nanjing East Road(one of the two main shopping roads in Shanghai, and a side door of the hotel is on this walking street part of Nanjing E Rd). From there you can walk to the bund in 10-15 minutes. And the main East-West Elevated Highway is about 5 minutes taxi away. -- Not really what OP is asking for. Wrote this earlier by just reading the thread title)

Last edited by TravellerOnline; Nov 7, 2009 at 9:15 am
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Last 2 visits I have stayed at the Pudong Sheraton and had great upgrades. They have large suites with an interesting bathroom arrangement (tub out in the middle of a large bath with separate shower etc.) However, as others have said for Shanghai a lot has to do with where you are needing to be since traveling distance around the city can be slow with traffic and currently Expo construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.