Wiki Posts
Search

Any recent Wardman Park Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Any recent Wardman Park Feedback?

Just wondering...they have a really good mommies day rate........publicly listed......thus me thinks i can use a BOGO??

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2009, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
By the way

The $89 rate is an adp rate so not eligible for BOGO deal. Can't speak as to the hotel itself, never stayed there.
Old May 7, 2009, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelismylife
The $89 rate is an adp rate so not eligible for BOGO deal. Can't speak as to the hotel itself, never stayed there.
no...that is NOT the rate i am talking about!
Old May 7, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
it is a REALLY nice property. The red line of the Metro is outside the front door and it is also 1 block from the Metro Zoo, Also it is real close to Georgetown.

Many nice restaurants with in walking distance.

Enjoy the weekend! I enjoyed staying there when I was in Dc although I now stay closer to the city.
Old May 7, 2009, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

thanks.............i love the zoo! and it's national train day....sheesh. what to do. gotta spend sunday with mom........so we will just hang out around the hotel.......................guess i will check the weather.
Old May 7, 2009, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Yea the weather!! I was there in July and it was 105!! I was going to go to the Zoo and someone said "don't go -- the animals are all inside cuz it's too hot to be out". So I didn't go see the Panda's

Enjoy DC and say hello to the Prez!
Old May 7, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
I was there a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful property in a nice neighborhood with easy access to the Metro and restaurants, as mentioned. The zoo was disappointing.
Old May 8, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: Delta platinum Marriott Plat. Avis Preferred US Air Platinum
I love this hotel. Great location, and as has already been stated, the metro is close, restaurants are close, and the zoo is across the street.

I've stayed here for a convention and I brought my family here for a week to visit DC.

If you go, contact your congressman early so you can get on the list for a visit to the White House and a ticket to tour the Capitol Building while congress is in session. You will be put on a list to visit the White House, and you'll end up with a 1 in 3 chance of getting in. (You never know-but do this early) Also, your Congressman can give you many more ideas on where to go in Washington and what places require advance tickets, etc.

Have a great trip.
Old May 8, 2009, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed there most recently on April 27 and also on March 28, 2009. Great place all around. No complaints at all.

Bruce
Old May 8, 2009, 7:11 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Always nice to stay.^
If you have a car -- don't (you don't need one) -- parking is a ripoff.
The rooms in the old wing are much nicer. The lounge has been renovated also.
Old May 8, 2009, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We had decent luck finding street parking in the area in the past. If you can avoid a rental car, do so, but if not you could probably find overnight parking for it. IIRC, I had to go north and west a bit and walk back a few blocks. For a nondescript Grand Am or whatever I had, I didn't worry about it being parked outside. Nobody messed with it.

Definitely second the recommendation for the "old wing" - nicer and more convenient to get out to the street as well.

Woodley Park is one of my favorite DC neighborhoods. ^

The only potential issue you could run into at this hotel is a large convention. It has one of the biggest ballrooms in DC, so if there's an event there chances are good it's a BIG one with all of the resulting obnoxiousness and inebriation that goes along with it. However, since you're seeing a lot of attractive rates for this weekend, that leads me to believe that the hotel isn't booked solid with one of these events.
Old May 8, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Always a great place to stay if you don't want to be right downtown. Close to the restaurants in Georgetown.
Old May 8, 2009, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by foodguy
Always a great place to stay if you don't want to be right downtown. Close to the restaurants in Georgetown.

There are a lot of smaller ethnic restaurants directly across the street.
I love that hotel.
Old May 8, 2009, 5:49 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Fripp
I love this hotel. Great location, and as has already been stated, the metro is close, restaurants are close, and the zoo is across the street.
Just wanted to correct this. The zoo is indeed nearby, but not directly across the street (sorry this seemed a little vague and wanted to clear it up). It is across and a decent walk (but certainly not unbearable) up the street.
Old May 8, 2009, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Just wanted to correct this. The zoo is indeed nearby, but not directly across the street (sorry this seemed a little vague and wanted to clear it up). It is across and a decent walk (but certainly not unbearable) up the street.
If you take the metro one stop you'd have a downhill walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.