Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Marriott SFO Union Square Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Marriott SFO Union Square Report

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by cova
Are you referring to the New Marriott at Union Square or to the JW Marriott? What you are saying is that the CL at the new hotel is not open yet?

I called the hotel - the CL is open (just not on the weekends).
Sorry if I created any confusion - the CL at the Stanford Court hotel won't be open until late summer; the CL at the new Marriott is indeed open, just not on weekends. I don't know about the JW.

Bruce
Old Jun 19, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I wound up at the Stanford Court. It's not my new favorite hotel. Next time, I'll go back to the JW...

The Stanford Court rooms are small, which I knew ahead of time, but the rooms are also narrow. Most Marriott properties have a hallway when you enter the room with the bathroom and closet along on either side. This puts a buffer between the noise of the hallway and your bed. The Stanford Court has the door almost next to the bed. Not only do you hear the noise from the hallway, you also hear alot of noise from the street. (Maybe this is also because I'm on the 4th floor. I guess that's their definition of "high floor" as per my profile.)

I wanted a Diet Coke, but couldn't find any information about vending machines. I called the front desk and was told no concierge lounge, no working vending machine (there is only one) and no shop in the lobby. If I wanted a Diet Coke, I'd have to order it from room service. That seemed kind of extreme, so I am jonesing for a DC right now.

My profile says extra towels. Not only were there no extra towels, but what was in the bathroom was the smallest supply I've ever seen in a hotel. One bath towel, two face towels, and a wash cloth. I took a shower before meeting my family out this evening and have now dirtied all the towels. (I do not reuse unwashed towels at home, so I'm not going to do it in a hotel.) Not only that, but when did the Ren standard become a Poly blend?

The employees are nice, but there seems to be too much compromise to stay here. Especially when there is a very good Marriott property a few blocks away. If this were the only hotel in town, it would be acceptable. As it is, there would have to be a very, very good rate for me to stay here again.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I stayed at both the new Marriott and the Stanford court back to back a few weeks ago.

The Stanford court is new and all, but I like the old one. The rooms were classy. Now they are just small.

The new Marriott is about 2 blocks away. Well, really only 1 block. Its nice with larger rooms. The bathroom is VERY small, but nice.

Check out TripAdvisor. Some good info on this hotel.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I stayed at the Marriott Union Square this past weekend (and I had stayed there a few years ago when it was a Crowne). The decor is very nice, and staff extremely helpful. As a Plat I was given breakfast on Sunday morning as the lounge was closed. Sunday evening's fare in the CL was adequate. Monday morning's "continental breakfast" included scrambled eggs.

The only downside to the hotel is that the rooms are rather small -- much smaller than the Marquis on 4th Street. But overall, I give this hotel a ^^.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Do Marriott Golds get the free breakfast? I'm new to what I get as a gold vs silver so I am curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.