Wiki Posts
Search

Ningbo (China) Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Ningbo (China) Marriott

This is a fairly new hotel. I am staying for 2 nights next month.

Has anyone stayed there yet? I will report when I get back, but would love to have some advance info.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Just came back from this hotel. It is brand new and the rooms are very very nice. Service is as in all 5* Chinese, excellent. Lounge is pretty good with made to order eggs and other Western as well as the regular Chinese fare.
As a Platinum was upgraded to an executive suite which was HUGE. They even asked to take a picture of me to "show other staff so I would be recognized".

Only big complaint was that the rooms are set to go no lower than 22˚C which at the time I went was not quite enough to keep it comfortable. It took calling Salt Lake City to get them to change it to 20.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the report, and for the tip about the temperature. I hate a room that is too hot. Maybe it will be a little cooler in early December.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
...Only big complaint was that the rooms are set to go no lower than 22˚C which at the time I went was not quite enough to keep it comfortable. It took calling Salt Lake City to get them to change it to 20.
Thanks for the heads-up about this property.
Never knew you can call Salt Lake to get thermostat adjusted. I would die in a room warmer than 17˚C.
Do they have a computer with printer at the CL for printing boarding pass etc..?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks for the heads-up about this property.
Never knew you can call Salt Lake to get thermostat adjusted. I would die in a room warmer than 17˚C.
Do they have a computer with printer at the CL for printing boarding pass etc..?
CL does have computers, did not notice printer but I have no doubt they'll fall over backwards to help you print if it's not straight forward.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
CL does have computers, did not notice printer but I have no doubt they'll fall over backwards to help you print if it's not straight forward.
Thanks ^
Old Dec 8, 2008, 1:56 am
Original Poster

I stayed last week for 2 nights. Excellent, excellent property. No doubt I will stay there any time I find myself in Ningbo. I really hope Marriott opens more properties in second level cities like Ningbo. Instead of staying at local Chinese hotels, it was really nice to stay in a hotel with international standards.

To answer a couple of other posters:

Even though it was December, my room was warm, as pjoalfa warned. I called the front desk. They sent someone to my room with a temperature gauge. He pointed it at different spots in the room, then left (he did not speak English). The front desk called in 2 minutes to tell me he re-set my air conditioner. It got cool immediately. Did not have to call America (I was all set for a fight that never happened!). Maybe they learned their lesson. Thanks for the heads up.

To answer allset2travel there are printers in the lounge.

All of the staff, in the CL and everywhere else in the hotel was falling all over us. They could not do enough. They have obviously been trained to be VERY service oriented.

The lounge was really nice and comfortable with a nice view (I think it was on the 39th floor). They put out a good spread for breakfast, and a really nice spread for happy hour. We actually skipped dinner one night because we ate so much at happy hour.

The rooms are very modern with high speed connection (60 RMB for 24 hours). Bed very comfortable, all controls (including window shades) bedside. Good shower and good amenities in the bathroom.

I was only there for 2 nights but I was very, very happy with my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.