Search

Concierge Lounge on Sunday Night

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Concierge Lounge on Sunday Night

I have been to quite a few Marriotts and Reaissances for a Sunday night stay. To my recollection all of them had the CL open on Sunday night. I understand that there aren't many business travellers on Sunday nights but they were still open. However, last night I stayed at the Fremont Marriott and I was surprised that the lounge wasn't open for food offerings. Now the lounge was open all weekend for water, soda, and yogurt but there was no attendant in there last night serving food. Perhaps we should start a list of all the hotels that don't have the CL open on Sunday nights.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
list no, complain as to the constant decline in service while continuing to increase point requirements and poor treatment of elites on award stays, YES
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I think this info would be best shared in the existing weekend/lounge thread
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427817
Old Oct 27, 2008, 7:47 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by etsmyers
list no, complain as to the constant decline in service while continuing to increase point requirements and poor treatment of elites on award stays, YES
Before we lambast them too much on "declining of service", it might not hurt to check and see if this is a recent change or just this hotel's normal operating procedure. If they have been doing this for years, then I'm not sure we can point to a "constant decline in service" statement.

Personally, in a lot of situations, I would prefer a hotel keep the CL doors open over the weekend for water/drinks over most NA hotl's selection of limited food on Sunday nights.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I think this info would be best shared in the existing weekend/lounge thread
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427817
Different issue.

"Weekday" CLs have traditionally been open Sunday nights for the arriving business travelers who have to be working Monday morning. They would close after Friday breakfast for the weekened until the next Sunday evening.

The Sunday evening closure is something that I have only recently been encountering and reflects some additional cost cutting by some properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.